1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Po3K - Sudden FPS drops, no idea why.

Discussion in 'Project Ozone 3' started by deepcage, Oct 23, 2020.

1. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    11:16 PM
    So i have been trying to figure this out, but it doesnt make sense. about up to 12-16 hours ago, my client ran fine. Max fps or close, not stuttering, no problems at all. Last night, before i went to bed, suddenly massive FPS drops, down into the single digits.

@HanoverFist69 Did some testing with me earlier, suggested a PC reboot as well, did that. Heres the result:

As you can see, im in the void, no blocks in sight. Thats giving me only 22 FPS.

This is in my base:

Not even looking at machines or automation. Just trees and sky: 1 FPS and going up and down between that and 7. Going up to my machines, its between 0 and 1 FPS. which is abyssmal.

Any ideas other than reinstalling windows again which i only did a month or so ago?

2. deepcage

Local Time:
    Right... think i solved it... Might require some more testing, but it seems the problem was µTorrent Web was on auto-start with windows. Apparently i still had some torrents running including a 116gb download... I didnt even know it was running until my malware blocker blocked a utweb website. That also explains why my internet connection was so slow the last couple of days...

Gabezetrainboy4 and LunaBlossoms like this.
  3. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:16 PM
    Good to hear. I'll close the thread for now but feel free to respond if anything comes up.

4. deepcage

Local Time:
    Confirmed. uTorrent was the cause of all my problems. Thanks for closing thread @Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.