1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Po3K wont launch anymore.

Discussion in 'Project Ozone 3' started by deepcage, Nov 28, 2020.

1. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    5:31 AM
    So ive been trying to load the pack numerous times now, in every instance, the packs load time exceeds well over an hour and its still only at 3/7 in the progress bar thingy. Ive done a force hard update, but that didnt help. Any ideas?

It cant be my hardware, i just upgraded to 64gb 3600mhz RAM and an intel CoreI9-9900k processor running on 4.7ghz, so it cant be that. Ive allocated 8 gigs of ram to all packs i run.

And yes, i tested other packs like SF4 and IE:E and they both start up fine within about 5 minutes. THeres something wonky with Po3K on my pc and i dont know what.

Please help :)

2. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:31 PM
    Hi Deep,

Can you share with us the log? It might tell us where the instance is getting stuck. Your hardware is definitely overqualified but since (I assume) that's the only variable that has changed since loading the pack successfully it may be a java/driver issue.

Some other things you can try is running the mod-pack in windows safe mode, directions for that found here.
    This is all speculation, but these methods may produce results that we can go by. Thanks for understanding.

3. deepcage

Local Time:
    Uhm wat logs? its not crashing, its just not loading. after about an hour of loading, it just stops loading, but it doesnt generate errors strangely enough.

4. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sorry, I wasn't being too clear. There should be a console that displays the running game status:
    [​IMG]

At least on the mym launcher, that is.

5. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    That would be your latest.log. Please post that on http://gist.github.com . Also, does it work fine with another launcher?

6. deepcage

Local Time:
    @HanoverFist69 I do not understand what to do on that website. Its full with random code and weird shtuff developers use to look cool i think. Pastebin didnt work either because the log is too damn big. Any other suggestions?

Try this instead: http://www.deepcage.com/latest.log (dont worry, it will open in a new tab as a text file.)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  7. deepcage

Local Time:
    So ive done a folder change for my minecraft installations, to make sure it goes to a clean folder. Its loading now, but its already over what is normal for the modpacks loading time. Its already way past 8 minutes while it normally loaded in 5 to 7 minutes. Im gonna let that run for another hour if it lasts that long and upload the 2nd log afterwards.

Ok... so the pack loaded... After 5 HOURS! I had it sitting in the background, unresponsive. Was playing something else and all of a sudden i heard the menu music. So the pack loaded, but its not as fast as it should be. Lets hope its an initial launch issue and not the next time i try it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  8. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    Looks like this is a FoamFix issue. Try disabling the parallel model baking in foamfix config.

config/foamfix.cfg -> experimental -> B: ParallelModelBaking=false

9. deepcage

Local Time:
    After the pack started after 5 hours of loading and being unresponsive, it finally loads up again in 5 minutes. I closed it and immediately started it again and it loaded in 6 mins.

10. deepcage

Local Time:
    this was already on disabled in my config.

11. deepcage

Local Time:
    Yup confirmed, after the initial massive loading time, the pack now starts within 5 minutes again. Definitely solved.

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.