1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Possible Possibility of Mym's being accessable across the network?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by TFudgey7, Dec 19, 2017.

?

Should MyM's be accessed across servers?

Poll closed Dec 26, 2017.
  1. Yes, That would be a good idea.

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. No, Leave it as it is.

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  1. TFudgey7

TFudgey7 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:05 AM
    Hi there, I've recently been playing Tekkit Legends and I've had fun playing it whilst It lasted. The mudpack is one that can be completed in 2 days of grinding to the Endgame and once I had the endgame items I found it boring, So I had a look on the MyM Launcher and saw that Infinity Evolved was on there so I went onto my Tekkit Legends and transferred some of my claim blocks into Mym's thinking that it would be transferred across to other servers. I came onto IE and found a nice island and went to check my money to find that the Mym's are server bound.

Is there any chance to make them a network currency and enable players to use them across servers to purchase claim blocks and such? If not then Ill just have to deal with what I've currently got and slowly acquire them again.

Cheers, TFudgey7

2. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:05 PM
    Probably not the best idea as then you will get people like me who have been here forever voting all the time have enough claim blocks to claim half a server map on day one.

3. TFudgey7

Local Time:
    Okay, So Is there a way I can transfer my money across from one modpack to the other without the MyM's being Network currency?

4. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:05 AM
    nope. only credits u buy whit real money follows u

Fireforce likes this.
  5. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:05 PM
    There was a post about this a couple years ago right Here. On that post it explains a lot of the issues with global myms.

6. TFudgey7

Local Time:
    That's a pain, Means all my hard work acquiring MyM's for me to use on a Different Modpack wasn't worth the wait. Its going to take ages to get 30k MyM's again to claim land.

7. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:05 PM
    Vote tokens are tied to the account, until you use them to buy Claim Blocks, Chunkloader Tickets, or Myms. And if you are wondering, no, there is no converting back into Tokens from the other currencies.

8. TFudgey7

Local Time:
    I wasn't talking about Vote Tokens, I wanted to use my MyM's on IE instead of TL. But that doesn't seem possible so I'm just going to wait it out till I get enough then start building a base

9. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    Instead of saying thats not gonna happen or keep talking about tokens, i would like to second this request, but with a slight change.

Its understandable that transfer of myms to a NEW server for a veteran player is obviously a bad idea (as booker mentioned in his first reply). However why cant we allow Mym transfers between servers that have been going for longer periods? That way there is no unfair advantage, because all myms are good for are claimblocks and market purchases (if there even is a market). So why not allow players who amassed lots of myms on servers, to transfer them (maybe even for a fee) to a different server? You guys are crazy about taxing markets because you want a Mym-sink, why not use this as an extra way to make Myms disappear in a similar fashion?

Allow mym transfers to servers that are at least 3 or more months old and put in a 10% or higher commission fee on any amount of myms you want to transfer.

best_mcpemaster likes this.
  10. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    While the 3 month thing is not really a possibility, I could see a "Global" bank that becomes active after;
    • You have played on a server for more than a specific time frame.
      • This is not from First seen, but actual playtime on the server, say 30 days.
      • The server has been online for 3 months or more.
    • A tax to input AND withdraw into the global bank.
      • 10% for normal players
      • 8% for Patron 1
      • 5% for Patron 2

11. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    Might be worthwhile to have the tax to withdraw applied prior to the withdrawal, so players can't withdraw a massive amount immediately and destroy a server's economy very early on.

12. CatArcher

CatArcher Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    why just a lower tax for patron?
    what about tiers 1-5?

13. TFudgey7

Local Time:
    Very true, Tiered players should also get Lower tax if this went ahead. Its only fair as we pay up to £73 for Teir 5

14. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Which is why the server would need to be up for a while, and yes the withdraw tax would be before the withdraw. Maybe have it go down the longer the server is alive and have the input tax go up the longer the server is alive.

Because Patron is the Future.

15. deepcage

Local Time:
    Also because the money ppl spent on tiers has already been spent. it gives no further benefit to the network. Only new tiers purchased slightly help and that wont be possible for very much longer. So i agree with BroklynTheGeek, Patron ranks only should get a deduction.

16. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Freudian typo? It's almost flattering that you're thinking so much about little ol' me. :p

The_Icy_One and BookerTheGeek like this.
  17. deepcage

Local Time:
    ummm Woops

18. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    having tax would be nice and fair (to me :p)