1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Primal, the first night.

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by CrimsonSZ, Oct 4, 2017.

1. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    11:41 AM
    Before we even begin, here's the thread to everything
    Primal (A Survival Modpack) | MineYourMind Community

I'm going to assume you read everything already and so I won't give an introduction. I shall also assume you know how to use JEI. Now here's the first night guide.

First thing you do when you spawn in a new world, right click the crystal ball. Make your choices and move on. Now, begin breaking grass for plant fibers and leaves for sticks. Don't even bother with wood because you can't collect it as of now. Remember to break the pam's gardens since they will be your first source of food, albeit trash food.

Next up, get some flint by punching gravel, collecting the piles, recrafting it into gravel blocks and put the blocks of gravel into a shear recipe for your first flint. In case you somehow don't already know, gravel can be found on the side of rivers, underwater, in caves and on hills.

Now, awaken your inner caveman and beat the scrap out of some stone with the flint (spam left click, not holding) until you get some flaked flint. Take this flint with some plant twine which is just 3 plant fibers and a stick and you got yourself a hatchet. A really, pathetic, flint hatchet.

Now you might be wondering, what now? If it wasn't obvious enough, take that hatchet and murder some trees, you monster. Now for a 3x3 crafting grid, you can either get yourself a saw to get planks out of those logs or you can craft a log with a hatchet for a crafting table with some minor storage of exactly 4 stacks of different items. Pathetic. I suggest sticking with this since planks won't be too useful until later on.

With a 3x3 crafting grid, get a pickaxe and the rest is history. A flint shovel is also handy to help with the collection of gravel.

This is just a short guide for the first night since they have yet to implement quests to introduce the changes. Maybe someone else will make a complete guide then.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Lawmonark likes this.
  2. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:41 AM
    I am currently working on a quest line with "Better Questing" any ideas and tips would help.

Currently it will be how to survive your first day.

-Craft a hatchet from the above guide
    -Use a log and hatchet in the crafting grid to get yor first crafting table

-You can eat bugs that drop from most blocks to survive.
    -You can drink from streams... but it may cause to to get sick. (i need to disable the negative from that)
    -Get coal as soon as you can... you dont want to get caught in the dark.
    -Craft a fire bow, it is needed to light your first torch... then light your stack off that.
    -Acquire charcoal as soon as possible, it is how you will filter dirty water. You can do this by making a fire pit. Primal and forestry both add a way to bury logs and lighting them on fire to get charcoal.

Guys i need feedback on if there should be a starting inventory.. like 1 torch, 1 bottle of water...ect

Head over to the primal thread to discuss: Primal (A Survival Modpack) | MineYourMind Community

Days in this pack are 48000 ticks. Vanilla is 24000. So longer days and nights. Make the most out of your first day and the sun light. You dont want to get caught in the dark... because it is dark.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    wyndman likes this.
  3. Lawmonark

Local Time:
  4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:41 PM
    Thanks Krhymez, I'll give it a whirl tonight when I am tired of making quests :D

5. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    They are very basic and are meant to help new players. I may add more later and re-name the book to "survival guide".

6. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    11:41 AM
    Call it "Bear Krhyz's guide to surviving in Primal"

Datsaltysnek and Lawmonark like this.