1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valid Priority Support | Limited Support

Discussion in 'Monetization Suggestions' started by Slind, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    10:20 PM
    Suggestion Title:
    Priority Support | Limited Support
    Short Description:
    Prioritization of support or even limitation.
    Long Description:
    E.g.
    • Rollbacks (inventory, base) are premium only.
    • Support via. ticket system mandatory for non premium with min. 24 hours delay

2. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Administrator

Local Time:
    2:20 PM
    I like the idea of Rollbacks for "Premium Players." Like refunds for glitched items and ect, right?

3. miker5231

miker5231 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:20 PM
    IDK restricting support seems really scummy ex: "Oh so your inventory is bugged and you can't even log on anymore well since you don't have a premium subscription I have to delete your player data and you'll lose EVERYTHING or if you upgrade now I can grab your player data from the last server backup it's only $4.99" and this would end up being like infomercials every time it happens but paid priority support I can get behind

4. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Consultant

Local Time:
    You are not required to create tickets on the actual server where the issue happened/is happening. You can log in on any server, using any modpack, or even pure vanilla (hub(s)) and report the issue.

5. miker5231

Local Time:
    This is what I was referring to. If you'll reread my whole example it was about how you'll have pay a fee to get your player data rolled back not about whether or not you will be able to make a ticket.

6. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace

Local Time:
    So the server would make more money if peoples stuff was constantly messed with? Why bother stopping greifers at all if people will have to pay to have their stuff fixed. If would incentivize looking the other way when greifers do damage.

7. wyndman

wyndman Administrator Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    If you do something silly like shoving storage cells in your golden bag of holding we're still going to fix your inventory correctly, we do that now without deleting our inventory or rolling your character back. Rolling back your character data would now be possible of you say stuffed storage cells in an alchemical bag, something which we have no choice but to delete your item as the items are irretrievable. Under the roll back plan we might be able to roll you back to the last save before you did something so silly.

miker5231 and The_Icy_One like this.
  8. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:20 PM
    careful guys, you could make the entire playerbase not like you for adding these monitation ideas

9. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    Functionally, this is the same as a lot of tech support. Something went wrong through no fault of your own? We'll handle it for free. You've spilled a drink on your keyboard? You're going to have to pay to get it fixed.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  10. miker5231

Local Time:
    I would like to see this idea go through but there is just so much room for abuse when restricting support but like I said I am a large fan of paid priority support. I feel that paid priority support would be a great way to make a little extra money and I fully support that but with 2 different ideas in the thread I can't vote accurately for what I agree with.

11. FlamesRunner

FlamesRunner Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This doesn't feel right though. If a player's base is griefed, I'd rather see it rolled back, donator or not.

The ticket system even for donors already takes approximately 24 hours, so I don't really see any degradation there.

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    You probably haven't reached out to game support much, yet. Most companies take weeks to respond and then just reply with text blocks which are often off topic.

The_Icy_One likes this.
  13. wyndman

Local Time:
    That would imply rolling a grief back can easily done by any of our staff (it can't) and that is a quick and easy process (It isn't usually).

The same goes with replacing broken,stolen, etc. items, while it is easy to replace them, there's time involved verifying the claims. This is why we don't normally do it. Now we're offering the possibility of investing extra time and training to ensure players have a smoother recovery.

14. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    Would this be able to be done under the EULA? It feels like it could be considered to be a sort of pay to win situation.

15. wyndman

Local Time:
    Grey area, you are not really paying for the "items", but rather for the time of the admin who has to do it.

The_Icy_One likes this.
  16. Uthael_Killeanea

Uthael_Killeanea Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Now, if this means the server might change the policy of absolutely no refunds, I'd support this idea. Let's say "The one resolving your ticket gets to decide what you get back, if anything. Depends on evidence provided."
    Even if this means waiting a random amount of time for non-donators.

"Pay to win"... Players shoundn't grief other players and shouldn't glitch themselves in any way. Especially if it's in the /rules you have to accept.
    If something is just getting rolled back, that's no advantage. And people would be "winning" even more if they didn't try that stupid stuff in the first place.

In my experience, that's not true. "Paperwork companies", yes. But not with game companies.

17. The_Icy_One

Local Time:
    It's still an advantage if it's not provided to others. Personally, I have no ethical disagreement with this system, it's just that it may breach the EULA as @wyndman noted.

Valve is one of the largest game companies in the world, and is infamous for its terrible support. The other launchers exist with a small enough load that support isn't massively problematic.

18. Uthael_Killeanea

Uthael_Killeanea Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That's what PRIORITY support is about. When they get to resolving tickets, paying members can cut in line. But everyone gets a piece of attention eventually. I haven't really seen 300 tickets pile up.

About Valve - I wouldn't know. But I know Blizzard answers within an hour. Sometimes within a minute. Bethesda and Mojang within a day or two. And single-game companies vary from 15min to 3 days. Including unofficial/non-legit servers. Depends on the availability of staff.

19. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:20 PM
    Try reaching out to Xbox if your account gets hacked. lol... That sucked.

I feel that handling Patron tickets before non patrons would be fine. Same that most companies who offer priority support. and really it would not be different between paying and nonpaying players, same support, different time frame.

The_Icy_One likes this.