1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Problem with items

Discussion in 'Infinity Skyblock' started by Mekill, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Mekill

Mekill Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:25 AM
    Let me start off by saying I know that I cannot receive back the items I lost, I would just like to share my story

I needed some nether stars, so I gathered up the materials to spawn a few withers and emptied the contents of my inventory into an iron chest on my island to keep them safe in the case of death in the nether. I go to the nether, fight the withers, and upon my return all the items I had put into the chest have vanished. I checked every inventory on my island and went back to the nether, to no avail. I'm just ranting because I had all of my mid-end game items stored in the chest, including all my tools, and the materials for both a livingwood and silverwood wand that I was working on.

I understand that I can't get the items back, but I would just like to know if the reason for their disappearance is known, whether it's some server issue or a bug of another sort. I will say this- the chest I put the items in is the output for my logistics pipe system, and when I first put the items in the chest was empty, but looking at it now there is a stack and change of pulverized coal, I do not know if some issue swapped my items with that or what.
    Thank you for reading and any insight is much appreciated :)

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Have you checked your Logistics System to make sure your items weren't just sucked into it?

3. Mekill

Mekill Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yes I have. Thank you for the suggestion though :)

If anyone with the ability to do so has some free time and would like to check the logs of the chest in question (if such a thing is possible, I remember it being done in vanilla before) I have placed a sign over the iron chest reading "This One", it is right by my island's homepoint. Due to schoolwork I cannot be on very much anyway over the next week, so it is not a priority, but I would appreciate it being done at some point. Thanks for any help.

4. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:25 AM
    Was there any possible lag happening for you at the time of you placing the items in the chest? Do you share (or have others trusted on) the island with anyone? Are you positive that where the chest was the area is protected? Ever had any issues where items in your inventory were disappearing or other issues as such with inventory?

Just some things to ask yourself and make a note of

5. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I checked the area I thought it might be lady night after posting, and I saw a bunch of open actions on a chest with you putting things into it. Could you list a few items you know you stored so I can try and narrow it down, if the server ate them there is nothing I can do, but I like to sure .

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  6. Mekill

Mekill Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hey, sorry for the late response I had school stuff.
    At this points it's a bit fuzzy, my anger has fizzled out XD I know for a fact that there was a golden bag of holding with most of my items in it, and afterwards I found an empty golden bag of holding in my logistics pipe system, not sure if it was an extra I had from beforehand or not (not likely, as the one I had put in the chest had soulbound while the one I found did not). I also had a few loose tools like a flux infused ax and shovel that were not inside the bag, although sadly that's where my memory ends.
    Luckily in creating most of the items I had lost I made auto crafting and upgraded other systems that will make it easier for me to recraft them than it was to craft them in the beginning.
    Thank you guys again for your help :)

7. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That is really weird. I have never heard of that. Hmm. I hope you figure it out. And I'm sorry you lost your items.

8. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    I have noticed that sometimes when I am using logistics pipes, an item will be sucked into one of the pipes and just sit there, then it will pop out after a while. Is it possible that this happened somehow and the items despawned?
    (I don't know what the layout in question but I'm assuming the iron chest was connected to a logistics system in some way because wynd mentioned it)