1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done program load errors

Discussion in 'Other' started by misscatlin1951, Feb 3, 2023.

1. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    3:28 AM
    Recently I had to download JAVA for another project and when I ran it, I didn't think about the JAVA for Mine-craft. That was until I started to download a Mine craft file then noticed that it was re downloading the entire file. Then my internet started going out and I was getting 5 or more files that didn't download to the one that did. I tested my internet and promptly requested a new modem. Move ahead 4 days. new modem was installed and I STILL have 5 files to every one that would download. The only thing that I can think of id that Mine-craft cannot handle the new JAVA. Newest Version. I may need to go back to the old 1.8.0_01 or whatever. Trouble is all links for Java go to the newest which I have to have. Should I try to run Mine-craft on a VM with the old JAVA or what. I am conflicted cause I still cannot find the access to 1.8.0. I need help!

2. korncover

korncover Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Before trying to change anything, did you check your launcher options in the java tab? if you still have the old one it would appear in the dropdown menu

[​IMG]

3. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    It looks similar but not with all the stuff you have on the one in the screenshot. I just updated the launcher program and it has correctly updated 1/3 of the files. Hope that works., BTW is the updater good on all files or just the one file that I actually updated? If the latter, then I am sure that I can re-update the rest of my files.

4. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    After reviewing, I try to check accounts. Most 1.7.10 packs will load and play. As has already been informed, none of the INFINITY mod packs will work. This includes the skybox version. 1.12.xx packs will not open. Packs that go beyond that are untested.
    I hope the information given can be used to open the abilities of these packs. I also want to let staff know what level I am working with as far as the JRE. That is 1.8.0_0361.I hope that We can get these packs running,

5. korncover

Local Time:
    Try to download Java 17 in the Java archive, It should be under SE developpement Kit 17.0.6. I downloaded mine from there

6. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    I am sure. But since Oracle redone the base web site, I cant find the download page that I was using and I cant find anything except 1.8.336x which I have been assured will operate Mine-craft as well as the old 1.8_1.01. I think that I was given a link to JAVA 1.8.x but I cant find it and that is the one that I need. Perhaps I can get it from a staff member?

7. korncover

Local Time:
    I found mine here . Choose the windows installer

8. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    i looked back on my notes and I am installing 1.8. 201. That seems to operate the most of my packs.

9. korncover

Local Time:
    Java 17 will load all the packs except 1.12 packs, you need 1.8 for those

10. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    With a little bit of problems that I think I can work out, you can mark this thread closed. If I have any more problems Ill contact someone. Thank you for your help.