1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Progressive Automation + Tinker's Tools

Discussion in 'Agrarian Skies 2' started by Samothrake, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Samothrake

Samothrake Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:23 PM
    I’ve tried to do some searching online about this subject but apparently my google-fu is weak.

Anyways do we have some type of chart or something that lists which Tinker’s Construct tools work with each tier of the Progressive Automation mahcines? I’m getting tired of the slowness of my stone chopper, but don’t want to experiment with tools on in an iron chopper and waste precious materials. And I’m not quite at the level of RF power that I can run a MFR harvester and planter, but I think I can manage an iron chopper with a few upgrades.

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    7:23 PM
    Did you check the progressive automation config? If there is no list it is probably done with the harvest level of the tools.

3. Samothrake

Samothrake Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:23 PM
    OK. I have found a solution. I have spent some time in a single-player creative world and done some testing. I was rather surprised with the results. I used a manyullyn tool rod on all tools and made one from each material that I could find.

Stone level choppers can use tools of the following materials: Amethyst, Ruby, Peridot, Sapphire, Ghostwood, Wood, Flint, Paper, Netherrack Cactus, Tear Jerker (but only the parts made from the TC part, not the ones made with the Extra TiC part), Bone, Slime, Blue Slime, Pink Slime, and Plastic. Of those tools the Pink Slime has by far the most durability, followed by Blue Slime and Green Slime: 5000, 2400, and 1000 respectively. Also of note, Bone tools have better durability than Flint, and Plastic has 1250 durability. All the precious stone but Amethyst have 1025 durability, with Amethyst having 1500.

Iron level chopper can tools of the Stone tier in addition to tools of the following materials: Darkwood, Tear Jerker (both varieties), Glue and Iron (of course).

Diamond level choppers can use tools of the previous two tiers and any other materials you can find.

At this point, I think I am going to stick with my stone chopper and make me a couple Blue Slime axes. Level them up a bit and throw moss on them. When one breaks I shall just trade it out and carry it around ‘til it is repaired and keep up that cycle.[DOUBLEPOST=1435959094][/DOUBLEPOST]I take that back....apparently Jaded has taken away the ability to make axe heads from Green or Blue Slime. So I guess I shall be going with Bone until I can make an Iron Chopper with a few upgrades.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Slind likes this.