1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valid Quality time with the Staff!

Discussion in 'Monetization Suggestions' started by wyndman, Nov 13, 2017.

1. wyndman

wyndman Administrator Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    3:51 PM
    Suggestion Title:
    Quality time with the Staff!
    Short Description:
    A Chance to play with the Staff!
    Long Description:
    In general I eschew playing directly with the players due to the overwhelming responsibilities we have. I'm sure our players would all enjoy the ability to spend some time with us as staff, wandering through the game as a team, the higher we go on the organzational chart the more rare it is to interact with us outside of a ticket. My suggestion is either through direct donation, or donation goal the players have a chance to really get to interact with us in the community, whether this means buiding with Slind, a sort of AMA with SirWill. Or just touring a base with that wyndman guy.

We can setup a time where the player, in the case of an individual donor can hang out with a staff member for an hour to play minecraft, or some other mutually agreed upon game.

In the case of a donation goal, we can setup a time and a staff member(s) for the players to submit questions for the selected staff to answer either real time in a discord environment of something along the lines of a reddit thread style question and answer submission.​

2. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:51 PM
    I think a main reason that there is a separation right now is the fact, that most staff hangs out on Teamspeak, which is more or less dead for the player base, who prefer Discord.

3. Xx_Canadian_xX

Xx_Canadian_xX Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Teamspeak you say? What kind of trickery is that! That should be in the Museum with AOL.

4. egons_ghost

egons_ghost Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Also Understand that some use TS and some Discord but most of the time it comes down to resources and Team speak uses a lot less the Discord does. A side from that when ya get on Team speak you can visually see what chat room you can go into where Discord its a whole new ball game on where to even enter never the less that some people don't even speak english or have there mics set so you can hear the digging or music blaring in the background. I understand that Team speak is going to be fazed out someday but when it is we need a better understand of where and how to get to the MYM Discord and their settings.

As far as the time with Staff goes though, its a good idea but when something happens where the staff is needed or its all hands on deck or the time zones do not match up to see or hear the staff and play with them. I think that's a lot for them to take on including looking after fellow staffers and the server /s and and and.......etc.

Just my opinion

5. Pseudonycat

Pseudonycat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:51 PM
    Forcing staff to play with players?... *scratches chin* HEY WYNDMAN C'MERE this little dooder paid us a 1000 bucks for you to play an entire week with him.

SanndyTheManndy and The_Icy_One like this.
  6. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    I would not pay to play with staff, this sounds like some type of superiority complex issue to think you would be worth paying to play with lol.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    EvilScotsman likes this.
  7. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    3:51 AM
    Eh, considering staff are ridiculously experienced with mods (You bunch of no lives!) and are overall stupidly friendly, some $$ for a great teammate seems like a good thing to me. My only worry is do they have the time to spare (I was kidding about no lives, everyone has a life)

Mouro likes this.
  8. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    So um you would litterally be buying friendship? :p

-edit
    I should clarify, I don’t mean to diss the idea, it could work out, I just find it very funny. ;)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    WikidSick likes this.
  9. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I am a big fan of Teamspeak, but the reality is that it is slowly dieing out.

Right now I don't really see how this suggestion brings money into the network, but I do understand the points raised here.

Can't even say that staff is necessarily more experienced with mods, but there is always someone in the team that has dived into a specific mod deeply.

If I am honest, right now most staff don't play with non-staff. The reason for that is not that we don't like other people, but that it raises all kind of problems to be trusted on other people's bases, if they get involved in grief cases and such.

10. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    Playing with staff is like playing with your Mom and Dad... no thanks. Nice that Mom and Dad is around to clean up everyones mess and make dinner, but we really don't want to play with them.

SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  11. FoxFire_MC

FoxFire_MC The Walking Mineapedia

Local Time:
    2:51 PM
    Ouch XD, I mean, yeah, its true, but that was rather blunt lol. But in all seriousness I don't believe this is a viable option as a sustainable source of income.

12. wyndman

Local Time:

I'd do it, just know I am hot garbage at first person shooters.

The_Icy_One likes this.
  13. wyndman

Local Time:

Yes, you would be buying my friendship, or one of the other options getting to interview one of us nut job ect. I can provide cooking tips, psychological advice you know whatever it's your money and I want it now.

14. wyndman

Local Time:
    Make sure you eat your vegetables too.

15. Xx_Canadian_xX

Local Time:
    lmao, (almost) everyone loves their parents :)

16. wyndman

Local Time:
    One of my children tells me they do at least.

17. tractoid

tractoid Ex-Staff

Local Time:
    11:51 AM
    I think the real question is either pay for wyndman to play games with you, or pay for him to tell you how to get MyM merchandise...

18. Pseudonycat

Pseudonycat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:51 PM
    Problem Solved. Bye Bye shop problems.

coolgi3000 likes this.
  19. LordEreh

LordEreh To WOW or to NOT WOW?

Local Time:
    In many threads staff(mostly administrators) says you(staff) spend time on server/maintaining it voluntarily, now you will sell that time...

What will be next... I'm too afraid to even think about it.

20. tractoid

tractoid Ex-Staff

Local Time:
    11:51 AM
    Up next on MyM, pay for the staff to leave the playerbase alone.