1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valid Quality time with the Staff!

Discussion in 'Monetization Suggestions' started by wyndman, Nov 13, 2017.

1. LordEreh

LordEreh Return of The Doge!

Local Time:
    1:47 PM
    You mean Well of Suffering? :D

coolgi3000 likes this.
  2. tractoid

tractoid Ex-Staff

Local Time:
    3:47 AM
    No actually, but automation of stuff and various mechanics that very few people on MyM use.

3. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:47 AM
    I don't think play with staff, but to help support the network I would be willing to help build setups for you or teach you cool tricks about any mods I know about.

Actually, consider this now a thing. Ill help any patron player with any setup or knowledge I have (you provide the materials) once a month on any pack as long as I know something about it.

Also willing to build sample setups and Dropbox them to you in a creative test world.

4. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:47 PM
    I think forcing staff to play with players isn't such a great idea.
    This would definitely frustrate a lot of staff, especially since it's a voluntary based role. I'm looking at this in terms that Slind/Sirwilli are very busy people, especially a lot of other staff and I feel this may cause a lot of issues with the interactions between player/staff. Especially since any player already has access to playing with any staff member, it's a matter of personality that comes down to people playing together.

Maybe allowing donators to have access to building project and other ideas maybe a better idea?
    I'm thinking of this as the angle that staff are already overwhelmed whether they care to admit, it's not an easy task, and especially when they're being forced to balance, game play, staff work, > forced related play.

5. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    12:47 PM
    I'm assuming that the play would be an opt-in for the staff members, rather than forced upon them.

6. wyndman

wyndman Administrator Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:47 AM
    Of course, but I don't see this as a punishment to the staff, well unless we forced them on to B-Team.. It can also go outside of minecraft. Realistically we spend a lot of time working here, so it just takes us away from our normal duties for an hour to spend time with the community we love. We're probably more frustrated that the normal contact we have with players is when they are having a bad day either as a victim or worse as someone on Santa's naughty list. This would give you the players more of a chance to get to know us outside of the shadowy world as a staff member and more of the person behind the keyboard. This is why the original premise was it could take on any form you wanted it to, from some sort of grilling to showing us your favorite game or wanting help with a build in minecraft.

The_Icy_One and Mijikai like this.