1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Quantum Quarry issue

Discussion in 'Project Ozone Lite' started by cbrozak, Feb 23, 2018.

1. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:15 AM
    Hey there dudes! I built the quantum quarry, did it all right and for some reason it's only pushing out dirt and stone. The biome even with a biome marker keeps reverting back to Tiaga Hills. I tested it out on single player and it works just fine set up exactly the way I have it set up in the server. I also found this thread and even though the issue isn't very detailed it sounds like it's the same issue:

Done - Quantum quarry not giving materials | MineYourMind Community

I'm guessing it's a config thing somewhere. I took a loot at the configs in ExUtils and it def isn't there, only thing is the DIM it mines from. My GUESS is that dimension is 100% Tiaga Hills which is why the biome own't load into the machine, I'm also guessing that the ore generation for that DIM has been turned off. An easy check for this would be to TP there and just take a look, I bet it's flat boring grass/dirt and stone and nothing else, in which case would be the issue.

Thanks for looking into it!

2. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:15 AM
    I had the same problem on Age of engineering.

The problem for me was the plugin Sponge did not like the quarry and disallowed it from doing anything at all.
    You are getting dirt and stone which is more then what mine produced, but im willing to bet its the same thing stopping your quarry that was stopping mine.
    If it is there is nothing we can do until the mod dev fixes the issue on his side.

3. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    So, the problem isn't exactly sponge. There have been numerous reports that, even without sponge, it still does this. Go to the extra utils bug tracker. I have regenerated the world many times. Even went to that dimension with no ideas on how to fix it.

4. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I was told it was sponge by you guys /Shrug/

5. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Yeah, as I said, I went to single player same settings same configs same source DL (MYM Launcher) and it worked great which means it's def something server side (plug in, sponge, conflict or perms issue).

I wonder if you changed the DIM to the mining world since that actually generated ores if that would work. Might give it a shot.

6. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    Can't change it. The problem is that there are way to many inconsistencies with Sponge and Extra Utilities. So it is hard to track down what is ACTUALLY causing the issue. I have seen numerous reports/issues on Extra Utilities Github about people without sponge and people with not generating anything.
    I can delete the DIM and try again but I doubt that will help.

7. cbrozak

Local Time:
    ?

"dimension ids" {
    I:"Deep Dark"=-11325
    I:ExtraUtils2_Quarry_Dim=-9999

8. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    You can change the id. But then you just cause more issues. The biome markers won't work. Try reading the code for the quantum quarry sometime.

9. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Rude. Just trying to help.

10. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    Not being rude, I am trying to explain to you how it is. The quantum quarry dimension is very, very specific.

11. ChibbleChobble

ChibbleChobble Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:15 AM
    Just built a Quantum Quarry on Node 2, and I'm seeing the same dirt + cobble only ROI. Biome marker is Ocean, but my QQ says it's mining TaigaHills. Working OK in SP.

12. Cantiel

Cantiel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:15 PM
    are there any specific materials that you can only acquire with a QQ?
    I don't want to sound rude, but to me it looks like a completely optional thing to use. if you don't want to search for rare ores like iridium or yellorium yourself, you can just as well use the digital miner from mekanism, and most minerals can be farmed with mystical agriculture

13. ChibbleChobble

ChibbleChobble Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:15 AM
    I don't think that there's anything special about the QQ, except that it turns RF into stuff.

If it can't be fixed it's not a big deal, but then my vote would be to disable it so no one else wanders down this particular dead end.

cbrozak likes this.
  14. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    @Aidoneus quick question.... What does the console log show when a qq is running?