1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Re-enable conduits in The Dark Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Magisch, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Magisch

Magisch Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:13 PM
    In TDT EnderIO conduits and Thermal Dynamics conduits have been disabled by default. This is disastrous as a change since the only other early way of conducting RF power (the Redstone Energy Cables) and the only way of easy conversion is also disabled by the server, thus making it almost impossible to use effectively and forcing people to use other, more lag prone methods.

2. SilentBane

SilentBane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:13 PM
    @Administrator can you look into this please. We should at least consider enabling them.

Lawmonark likes this.
  3. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Is Openblocks in that pack? (Atleast I think that's the name with the conduits). If so can't those be used?

4. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    you thinking Extra utilities?

Energy pipes and Nodes?

5. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yes, that's it, ty :p
    (and nodes...wow)

6. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I with SilentBane on this one. I would wait for the next update to see if he adds a tweak recipe back in. If not, i would suggest the server enables them. I will ask on the FTB site if there are any plans to re-enable them.
    Since Gideonseymour has taken over the pack..... it seems he want to make it like his Pheonix Reborn pack.
    I wish Tfox was still maintaining this pack...

al99901 likes this.
  7. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:13 PM
    What about using the buildcraft energy pipes ?

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  8. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Does the pack itself disable them or did we do it for reasons?

9. al99901

al99901 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    A good solution early game, but the farer you progress, the more pipes would be needed to be able to move enough energy. it would require large amounts of pipes. Also you can't stack the pipes like you could with the EnderI/O conduits.

Yes, they are disabled by the modpack. However in the normal modpack, you would also have the projectred cables, wich we can't use serverwise.

10. Bennyboy1695

Local Time:
    We have re-enabled the ender io conduits recipe temporarily.

11. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:13 PM
    If the pack has these disabled by default, why are we re-enabling them? @Bennyboy1695

Lawmonark likes this.
  12. Bennyboy1695

Local Time:
    because they are only disabled till the next update when the recipe changes and its to prevent huge lag from everyone using the only viable option of extra utilities energy nodes stacked full of speed upgrades

13. Magisch

Magisch Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Imagine people using Transfer nodes with Speed upgrades for all conductance of Power, Items and Liquids. Now imagine how the server would take 50 people doing that.

14. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    What one machine do you have that you cant power with a buildcraft pipe? Me thinks your mistaken and thinking of older buildcraft versions.[DOUBLEPOST=1433525520][/DOUBLEPOST]What project red cables? I did not know they had a power cable.

15. Magisch

Magisch Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1. Grammar
    2. Its not about what you can and cannot power, its the throughput. The maximum throughput of a buildcraft pipe is 10240 RF/t, thats not even half of what conduits can do. Plus pipes are wonky and have continuation loss. They also don't like EnderIO machinery from time to time.

Rednet Energy Cable

Currently disabled on the Server because of a Server Crash Bugs.

16. al99901

al99901 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    And in addition, the highest output pipe is the emerald Kinesis pipe, capped at ~2000. Having a big Reactor capable of much more than that...

17. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    1. What about my grammer? I am asking (because you did not answer so the question still stands) what "one" machine in this pack cannot be fully supplied with power from a buildcraft power pipe.

2. That pipe. See I was confused because you said red power, and that pipe is from MineFactory Reloaded. See my confusion.

So really, thank you for the reply, but you did not answer the question.

You cannot build a reactor that produces more energy then I can pull out with buildcraft. Just put more power ports on the reactor.

CommonExplosion and Lawmonark like this.
  18. Magisch

Magisch Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    They can all be supplied, however EnderIO machines are known to bug out when powered by BC pipes. In addition to them bugging out willy-nilly sometimes. Furthermore, BC item pipes and fluid pipes are just subpar in terms of performance (you can cause a lag inducing pile up) and usability (no real customization besides basic filter and insert/extract.

19. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    I believe you are incorrect good sir.

Buildcraft has updated significantly since minecraft 1.5, introducing many performance gains. Not once have i seen buildcraft pipes in 1.7 bug out as you say in regards to them disconnecting from machines. The only issue is when you are using an extraction pipe from one machine directly into another that sometimes on chunk reload the direction reverses. Easily solvable by using a minimum of two pipes between machines for items.

As for the routing, you should look into pipe gates and wires, and the ability of pipes to paint items and route painted items. A little bit of more work.

While the Ender IO conduits might be easier to use, and able to be built in a single block space, there is really no setup that you can design in game with conduits that I can not accomplish with buildcraft. It might be bigger them yours, but it will do the same thing as yours.

Lawmonark likes this.
  20. Magisch

Magisch Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    And about 30 times as laggy, too. Im not basing this on 1.5 data, I have used BC extensively in 1.7.10 and it still was this laggy