1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reactorcraft Modpack?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by FuzzyHarpyBug, Jun 6, 2018.

1. FuzzyHarpyBug

FuzzyHarpyBug A little bit Fuzzy

Local Time:
    7:38 AM
    Are there any modpacks on the MyM network that include reactorcraft? I built the tokamak reactor from it a few years ago in another network and it was fantastic. If not I will probably start working on a gregtech/reactorcraft modpack sometime this fall.

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:38 AM
  3. FuzzyHarpyBug

Local Time:
  4. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    Pack Permissions and Rules - Reika's Minecraft Love the fact that reika says outright that:

Pack devs can, at their own discretion, request being put on a special whitelist so that even those limited permissions are not required. The criteria are as follows:
    • They need to demonstrate an understanding of RotaryCraft (or the mod(s) they are changing) - such that they are likely to foresee the effects of their changes, making my confirmation unnecessary. This of course requires that they have spent some time playing a recent version of the mod, unmodified, in a survival environment. Monster 1.1.1 does not count.

My god I guess I'm not allowed to make a pack and then modify rotarycraft via minetweaker!

Then again I guess the decompilation section of his license is moot because of GitHub - ReikaKalseki/ReactorCraft: An addon for RotaryCraft that adds nuclear power. existing and GitHub - ReikaKalseki/RotaryCraft: The source code to my tech mod RotaryCraft. outright states you can use it for anything but essentially stealing the code... huh

5. FuzzyHarpyBug

Local Time:
    I've read it like 6 times now, and I agree he is a bit (read: insanely) too into the legal speak for protecting his mods. However, as someone who has played all the mods I do understand the reason for it. He made each of them with a very fine tuned progression and feel in mind and all his mods are over 90% focused on that, instead of exclusively the blocks and function they add like nearly every other mod-author. The mods themselves are all masterwork pieces of art, and I find it very sad that he gets shunned by the MC community so badly due to his obsessive and controlling personality as a developer.

6. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    I didn't disagree, me and @AlphaRue have had a history with reactorcraft back when FTB Monster was around. It's sad almost no packs use his mods these days. Then again they were very much powerful
    This is because it's extremely hard to know what is and isn't within the bounds of acceptability and it's a group of mods that's extremely finicky to work with. Not only that but specifically reactorcraft used to be known for crashing servers, lagging game clients, and just in general being extremely hard to deal with (There used to be a rule here stating that if you got a reactorcraft fusion reactor up and could continuously power it you'd get a creative energy cell so that you wouldn't be chopping off 17 tps from the server) the issue with him is that it's so hard to know when to be in the right or wrong with the licensing and he can revoke it so easily that it's just a landmine to include it in a pack.

7. FuzzyHarpyBug

Local Time:
    Looks like I've got my work cut out for me. He's still replying to things on minecraft forums, but it doesn't look like anything else has had a message or update of any kind since 2012-2014, hopefully I can still get permissions.