1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regrowth Guide (Starting - Midgame - Endgame)

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by jackripper0987, May 9, 2015.

1. jackripper0987

jackripper0987 New Member

Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    This is a basic guide of FAQ questions I get a lot on the Regrowth server broken down into three sections, the starting, midgame and endgame
    Will be expanded as I go

I am planing to do these for every pack so if any master in those packs wants to help feel free to msg me

STARTING
    While starting you need to find a area, do /rt and have a look for a sparce space. If you cant find one you were given a speed potion for a reason. When you have found that place, make Sure to /sethome. Once you have done that go to /spawn and farmworld on the left (only if there isnt ample grass and trees around). Get all the wood, charcoal, flint (from slate) and seeds then go /home. Once home you need to make an axe by placing 3 pieces of flint in crafting area like
    (x) (x)
    (x) (0)

When you have the axe head place a stick and the head in there, then place a dead wood and Unbroken axe in there, grab a few of the crafting tables and make a chest with deadwood. Now make the rest of the tools with flint like

(x) (o) - Shovel
    (x) (o)
    -------------------------------
    (x) (x) - Pickaxe
    (o) (o)
    ------------------------------
    (o) (x) - Wooden binding (with sticks)
    (x) (o)

You need the binding, a stick and pick head head to be assembled in the crafting table. Once you have done that you have the tools you need, so either dig underground or make a wall. But you need to make it safe early game, from there the best advice I can give is to follow the quest book as much as you can. But get started with seeds quickly and make a decent area

It may also be wise to claim your area with the golden shovel provided

When making a tinkers smelter you need to know a few things, there is NO way to get grout. You need to make the stone on your own, start by making a crucible. Place 2 of those blocks on each other, then add cobblestone into it and place the seared stone into a ingot caster, to make the crucible you need bricks and lava, also copper for a vat. With those bricks you can make everything

I will add more soon, but for now here is a basic guide on starting,

MIDGAME

ENDGAME

Good luck with playing, - Jack

2. MrSquidward_

MrSquidward_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:14 AM
    Keep adding more :D

3. Ony_x

Ony_x Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    One thing, you don't need a tool rod to make tools, a stick is enough.

4. Ralph_Anthony

Ralph_Anthony Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:14 PM
    but there is nothing else to do with the 4 rods you made, so might as well use them for first 4 tools

5. Nezraddin

Nezraddin New Member

Local Time:
    Considering "Endgame", I wonder if anyone has a tip/tutorial of auto-spawning withers with the limited mods of regrowth?

I tried it myself with golems of thaumcraft. While in singleplayer it worked great, I had to see that on the server golems cannot place blocks, so the setup is not working at all. Besides that I only know about witchery which isn't really nice to automate, too (and I guess the wither will destroy the magic circle with no effort after it's spawned). And of course formation-planes of AE... but setting up an AE system in the nether and hoping the wither won't destroy the panes after spawning... well, I rather search for a system that is a bit "failsafe".

Since I didn't build a 1-chunk-base, pretty much my power-system completly breaks down once the personal anchor has no netherstar anymore... so trying to find a solution of auto-spawning it, but my knowledge is pretty much exhausted after golems and witchery. And when you try to google for solutions of spawning a wither you mainly find things where the mods are missing to actually try them on the server.

6. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Should work with the next restart

7. Nezraddin

Nezraddin New Member

Local Time:
    Ah, I always thought it would be an "unchangeable issue" with the use core and griefing-protection (since I read from many servers which had the problem with the use-core).

Just tested it, it works. Back to building my lil golem-setup.
    Thanks alot! :)