1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Reintroducing Tier Ranks and Credits

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SirWill, Sep 25, 2020.

1. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    12:21 PM
    Starting now the Tier ranks and Credits are available for purchase again.
    Around 6 months ago the Minecraft EULA received some change which allows the selling of perks affecting gameplay in none-competitive environments.
    Since we disable the rank on PvP and competitive event servers, and don't have a leaderboard, we are able to provide ranks once again.

With this reintroduction there are few changes to allow the Tier ranks and Patron ranks to work better together.
    • While the Patron rank is active, you will also have a Tier rank depending on the Patron tier.
    • With the purchase of a Tier rank you will get one of the Patron ranks for X months depending on the tier.
    For details see the shop page of each rank.

Additionally, the reserved slot perk was removed from the Tier 1 rank and is now only available via Patron as we have noticed it impacting the server's performance too much if too many people have the perk. Everyone who owned a Tier rank before today will keep this perk.

The server upgrades and global quick starter kits will stay as an alternative option for those who wish to gift something to the community.

2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    3:21 AM
    So uhm, about those Discord roles... *hint hint nudge nudge*

LunaBlossoms and Rioghan_2 like this.
  3. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    We can revisit the suggestion.

sp33draft and mrminesheeps like this.
  4. Moettke

Moettke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:21 PM
    Now I don't see any sense in the first and second rank of the patron. Even a hat cannot be worn

5. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Patron still gets you the following: (I may have missed something)

Access to Patron Only servers
    Increased chunkloader limits
    Extended Waila/ToP info.
    Patron Islands
    Reserved Slot
    Friend Pass
    Higher discord server channel limit
    Daily Tokens
    Patron Support Channel

6. Moettke

Local Time:
    Then I did not understand the difference between "Store level" and "Store patron".

7. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    Would actually suggest removing reserved slot from Tier 2 rank as well.

Also, as a rank 5 donator, i tried using the /et command for the enchanting table on several packs and it just doesn't work. Maybe either fix that or remove that?

ElectricLemonade likes this.
  8. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    11:21 AM
    oh ok, POG

9. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Nice! Already purchased.

10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Ay, Deepcage, don't you touch my reserved tier two slot! Not that I can use it anyway... But still!

LordEreh likes this.
  11. miker5231

miker5231 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:21 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, this means that when you buy a Tier/Rank you PERMANENTLY (limited to MyM's lifespan) get the Tier/Rank perks and TEMPORARILY get the listed Patron Tier's perks? (EDIT: The store kind of confirms my guess above but I only found it because I was looking. At first glance, it isn't clear enough. It may dissuade uncertain players or impulse buyers)

Maybe I'm just oblivious, but the answer to this should probably be a bit more obvious on the Tiers page. Maybe a color system w/ a legend saying what is permanent and what is temporary. Or a space in between the Rank perks and the Patron tiers w/ any Patron related disclaimers above/below the Patron Tiers.

Unrelated question, what happens if a Legacy Tier owner upgrades to a higher tier now? If the newly upgraded Tier is missing something the lower Legacy Tier had, would they keep that Legacy Tier perk, or would their upgrade remove their Grandfather Clause for any Legacy perks?
    It doesn't affect me but I'm curious. :bookworm:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    mrminesheeps likes this.
  12. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    You know, I wish I'd thought to ask, but now I am curious.

miker5231 likes this.
  13. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    It says Patron TX for X Months, not sure how make it more clear.

Tier upgrades won't affect that.

tictacton and mrminesheeps like this.
  14. Moettke

Local Time:
    Did I understand correctly that when I buy a level, I get a patron as a gift? That is, I buy level 3 and receive its bonuses forever, and as a gift, patron bonuses for 2 months?

15. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Correct. If you purchase Tier 3, you get that forever. And a bonus of Patron T2 for 2 months.

16. TheeForgotten

TheeForgotten Senior Moderator Build Team Booster

Local Time:
    so if it use to be a p3 (patron 3) when you got top votes for the month and so on how well that go now

17. TheeForgotten

Local Time:
    it says under each rank how long it las none of them last forever

18. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    The Tier ranks themselves are permanent (If you purchase them, not by getting them via Patron)

19. miker5231

miker5231 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I literally gave 2 suggestions but okay...
    If a 4-year member can get confused about it, even for 5 minutes, then my original point of unsure players and impulse buyers being dissuaded still stands, and apparently, I'm not the only one who was confused at first, like Moettke and TheeForgotten. I don't mean to sound snippy, but I don't want MyM to lose revenue over something as simple as a lack of intuitiveness. It's not that someone COULDN'T understand it through reading, but it isn't intuitive enough, like a PUSH door w/ a PULL handle, it's frustrating. There is no immediate visual separation from the temporary Patron Tier access and the permanent Tier/Rank Perk access. Prospective buyers shouldn't be confused for a second on whether the Rank is permanent or not, but the design of the "Tiers" page allows them the possibility to be confused until they read the page in its entirety. Temporary Patron Tier access should probably be just above the price, be a slightly different color, and be called "Temporary Patron 1)" When the day is all said and done it is your decision, so I won't push this anymore.

I'm grateful that a Legacy Tier upgrade to a new Tier won't impact any Legacy perks, but won't that be difficult to keep track of on the back end?

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  20. TheeForgotten

Local Time:
    as you show that one if you go into the ranks it shows this Screenshot by Lightshot

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.