1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove Corail Tombstone Mod from Servers ASAP

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by AyeItsKatieMC, Jul 31, 2020.

1. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:12 AM
    The mod stated in the title has been removed from the curse platform due to the author having malicious code input into the mod they are recommending all servers to remove this mod from their packs ASAP

" The mod was removed from CurseForge for breaking the TOS (the author put malicious code into the mod)"

Quoted directly from the MC Eternal thread in regards as to why the mod was removed

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  2. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:12 AM
    The original Corail Tombstone is back on Curseforge, so i guess they got it sorted. https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/corail-tombstone

And removing mods from a pack is not something i think we can just do without outright breaking a lot of them.

That's something for the pack authors to do if they wish.

LunaBlossoms likes this.
  3. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    1:12 AM
    What they did was blacklisted a single player they had a grudge against. They wouldn't be allowed to join any server running their mods. Wasn't anything major or dangerous - just juvenile. Nothing to worry about. I believe that line of code has been removed from current versions.

4. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:12 AM
    So, did they do another PlusTic, or are you referring to PlusTic and is this a different issue?

5. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:12 AM
    It appears that a few mod authors de-obfuscated the Corail author's code and used it to fix their own. So the author changed their code to crash minecraft if it found any of these other mods present at load up to punish the "thieves"

TomboyEnthusiast likes this.