1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Remove quickstart kits from Infinity Evolved (Expert)

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by chaosblad3, Nov 8, 2015.

?

What should we do?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2015.
  1. Leave the kits as they are.

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Disable some but not all based on feedback in this thread.

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Replace them with a new selection of kits that is more balanced for Expert mode.

17 vote(s)
    54.8%
  4. Disable all quick-start kits ASAP.

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  1. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    7:24 AM
    In a pack that is designed to be challenging and take time to progress in, most of the quick-start kits are extremely game-breaking as they are right now.

In particular all of the Applied Energistics ones definitely need to go.. the recipes in Expert mode are specifically designed to make certain crucial parts of an ME system SUPER late-game to make.. the whole point of the quick-start kits is as the name suggests to give you a quicker start on the server, not to put you straight at end-game in the blink of an eye.

Also the Lava kit contains 4 "8x lava generators" which are not supposed to be craftable at all in this pack, and an ender-thermic pump which is not used as the recipe component for the SirWilli infinite lava tank in this pack either (it's the ic2 pump in the recipe instead).

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    8:24 AM
    That's unfortunately not a simple change. As the kits are global and you would need to recreate all kits and redefine the cost of each kit. The description needs to get changed too for each kit. Which is not possible without a big change of the system as it is global.

3. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    But I am right in thinking that it is a simple matter to disable a kit on a server right? because like I said, at the very least we definitely shouldn't be selling the applied energistics one in this pack..

4. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Do you mind on doing a top 10 or 5 with those that are most out of balance? With reasoning as explanation for non inf expert players (like me), would be great.

5. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    6:24 PM
    basically all of them are gamebreaking, anything you where to sell in this pack wouldn't simply nudge you ahead of the curb, like ae2, fluix crystals take upwards of 16 hours to grow, think about that, and for a few credits you have yourself a full, ish, system

6. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Applied Energistics Advanced (contains ME controller, energy acceptor (both require Quantum core to make, which is super endgame in the tech tree) and an inscriber)
    Applied Energistics Basic (contains an energy acceptor and 2 ME chests (which each require an energy acceptor to make))
    ExtraUtilities (contains 2 magnum torches which require bedrockium to make, though technically they are available as vote rewards already which again is a little OP, but also contains an Ender-quarry which requires an MFSU and several other high end components to make)
    Big Reactors (contains 3 fuel rods which each require an ic2 nuclear reactor to make)
    Lava (contains an unusable Ender-thermic pump and the 4 uncraftable 8x lava generators)
    EnderIO (Alloy smelter requires 2 electric furnaces and an induction furnace)

These next four aren't quite as bad but still on the edge of what I'd consider acceptable:
    Industrialcraft Advanced (contains thermal centrifuge which requires advanced casing and mining laser to make)
    EnderStorage (both the chest and tank require Endertank frame which requires resonant machine frame)
    Tinkers Construct (contains a tool forge which requires a decent amount of steel to make as well as a compressor to make the dense plates)

7. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    basicly all of them on infinty evovled there is a very controled progression though the mods this breaks the order set down by the mod pack creators. this also means that the person using the pack isnt geting the pack as its ment to be played as there starting half way up the tec tree.

8. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:24 AM
    If you like ill come up with modified kits for INF evolved after the servers come back up.

9. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Unfortunately

10. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    In that case.... Best to probably remove them. Then again.... muahahaha... Not till after my payday.

11. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    You can do this but I'm not sure when I will implement this as it is no simple task.

You can also skip the progression via trading, kits are not the main issue here.

12. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    True, You can skip by trading. I do see why they should be removed, But also why they should remain. Sadly as it stands now all the credit kits provide many more hours advantage then 2-3.

13. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    The items that would be considered end-game would not be permitted on the /market just like every other server due to the end-game trading rules, and likewise for advertising said items for sale in chat, so the only real risk would be private trades which we can never truly prevent, but honestly the biggest concern regarding all of this is the bypassing the crafting of the Quantum Cores used for the Applied Energistics stuff, and I highly doubt anyone could even craft enough of them to even consider selling them to other people considering it took me and @MaelstromPhoenix several IRL days just to craft one of them!

14. MaelstromPhoenix

MaelstromPhoenix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yeah. The basic AE2 starter kit includes an ME controller/energy acceptor that requires 2 stacks of iridium to make. Getting these 2 stacks took about 4-5 days of constant chunk loading for my 2 mass fab setup (which isn't perfect but its works pretty well) to make I know of a few players who have been using AE and automating stuff since day 1 because of the kit and it seems kind of unfair to other players, myself included.

chaosblad3 likes this.
  15. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I myself bought the advanced kits for the ender quarry and the ME network and i agree with chaosblad3 and MaelstromPhoenix that these kits give you a much bigger headstart than on other servers. They get you here to endgame in an instant.

I would suggest disabling these kits and add and alternative kit using mods that gets you to mid game rather than these kits that get you to endgame:

Immersive engieniring - It is a a fun mod that I hope will continue to be used on other new modpacks here on mym. The multistructures the mod contains are not that advanced for this pack and only require steel and iron, that players are able to get in the early midgame.
    It allows energy production using active producers like the diesel generator and passive like wind and water mills.
    Theres also the lightning rod i liked to use in gregtech!
    It has its own energy managing using capacitors, connectors, relays and tansformers that look like the types we see beside old real life energy stations.
    The ore procesing contains the Excavator that can be used to mine chunks with diversive and rare ore deposits that need to be found with a
    Core Sample Drill. The ores can be procesed in the Ore crusher and the Arc Furnace multiblocks.
    The mod also has Item Routers and Conveyor Belts.

I wrote my review of this mod for you so you can decide if it contains things that would be a good kit replacement.

chaosblad3 likes this.
  16. Fez__

Fez__ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I was looking at these Starter kits too and can see that there is an ender-thermic pump and lava generators that have been disabled in the pack, would you still get these items and be able to use them? And can you use the pump to create the creative lava endertank as written in the tip below the pack?