1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove the 24h delay votes in favor of "date" vote.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by LordEreh, Nov 7, 2020.

?

You are in favor of changing the voting sites?

Poll closed Nov 21, 2020.
  1. Yes, it will be more fair.

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. No, its good at it is.

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. I have no opinion so POTATO

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:25 AM
    I work on different shifts during week so often im unable to vote on those 24h sites in time and lose X hour each day so its possible to lose 2 votes per site during week from #8 & #9 and over month i lose even more.

I suggest removing the vote sites that uses 24h delay between votes instead the "date in callendar" delay to make votes more fair for everyone, its much easier to vote each day at whatever hour we found convenient for us than counting 24h when we can do that and find we can't because life sucks.

InsaniumIV and sp33draft like this.
  2. sp33draft

sp33draft Helper

Local Time:
    8:25 AM
    i agree that is pretty annoying counting every day but i wonder what does @Mooomsy think about this after all she is the biggest voter

InsaniumIV and LordEreh like this.
  3. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:25 AM
    Or better yet change it for everyone but her so someone else actually has a chance of winning free Patron (I'm joking plz don't hurt me)

LordEreh and sp33draft like this.
  4. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I wish those sites would switch to a 23h hour model. Even if you set your clock to the same time every day, you will always have a small delay so that this always gets pushed back by a few minutes.

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  5. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    10:25 PM
    We can't change anything about how the vote sites set up time between votes.

6. LordEreh

Local Time:
    but you can CHOOSE what sites you are using

7. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    12:25 AM
    Just so everyone knows:
    • Voting sites control how often you can vote, not MyM.
    • Once you vote on a site, they push out via plugin to MyM that you voted.
    • If you find a way to vote on a site multiple times a day those votes all count.
    • Vote sites are not part of MyM and are a separate entity
    • Some vote sites have a way for your one vote to count as two or three votes.

I know some of that is obvious to some people, but just wanted to clear up any confusion anybody might have. While I would love for the vote to be a calendar day for the votes instead of the 24 hr limit between votes also, that is something that will need to be brought up to the vote sites themselves.

When I did mention it to the vote sites (Because I also would like this) with whom I know the owners, I was told that it is mainly a technical limitation as to the way they have it set up. Mainly is the difficulty of determining when your particular day starts and stops. They do not know where you are, (VPN's are a thing remember) so how would they know when to say you can vote again?

InsaniumIV and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.
  8. Mooomsy

Mooomsy Moomsy <3 Booster

Local Time:
    Sooo @sp33draft tbh making the site 24h votes(if it would be possible) would play out for me since i forget sometimes to vote on ATLauncher which pushes my voting some hrs ,means when im awake to 2am on one day i cant vote another day when i forget it :D soooo actually would be nice :D

but yea im sorry im taking the fun away its just i want to vote everyday to use the tokens for my bases and happen to be 1st place im rly sorry tho - if thats ok for staff i would even say *hey get me out of the list* but that would probs just push 2nd to 1st- 3rd to 2nd and so on.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    sp33draft likes this.
  9. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Since MyM added that new higher chunkloading costs and "carrot and the stick" rewards from voting I found voting encouraging but at the same time less fair and discouraging, since I know, I will not win any reward at all even if i try but work prevent me from regular voting on those 24h sites so whats the point of voting in the first place? I have ~8200 tokens and im sure it will supply me with chunkloader tickets for months considering how much I play and thats only thing i use tokens. You say market? I dont play on packs with market, recently on Infinity i bought something but then some player behaviour makes me throw that pack into trash.
    I hope GTNH wont have market to prevent skipping the progression.

sp33draft, Mooomsy and InsaniumIV like this.
  10. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    6:25 AM
    MYM dont really control the vote websites, but it would be nice if the delay were to change

Or find better and more efficient websites for voting, and their are some sites that also work but are not on the vote list, which should be added

Mooomsy and LordEreh like this.