1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing the falling chicken-pigs!

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by mrminesheeps, Dec 25, 2016.

1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    12:29 AM
    So, as you know, it's December the 25th. on this day, any modpack with the portalgun mod will start having falling chicken-pigs. we all know this is fps murder. however, the fix is easy!!
    now, i can't link you to another server's website, so here's the step-by-step instructions i copied from their website:

1. Find the location of your mod pack install folder.
    2. Open the pack you are currently using.
    3. Drill down to the config folder.
    4. Find the file PortalGun.cfg .
    5. Open the file in notepad or equivalent.
    6. Change the line "easterEgg=1" to "easterEgg=0".
    7. Restart minecraft.

2. EpicSkwrlBattle

EpicSkwrlBattle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:29 AM
    straight and to the point. my windows 7 didnt have the right click edit option so i had to open "properties" then change the program to notepad then back to windows shell after editing the one character of code hidden in the many lines of javascript.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  3. Snowfoxs

Snowfoxs Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:29 AM
    Thank you for providing this information to our community @mrminesheeps

I'll give this thread a little prefix for the day, so players see it more easily, I've also pinned the thread, the pin will be removed after today. Thanks again and happy holidays!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    EpicSkwrlBattle likes this.
  4. EpicSkwrlBattle

EpicSkwrlBattle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:29 AM
    Meh, works fine. Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1482724355,1482692351][/DOUBLEPOST]I panicked and freaked out a little over this thing. I apologize if i offended or disturbed anyone. Thank you very much for helping.

5. DoomsDayOmen

DoomsDayOmen Active Member

Local Time:
    2:29 AM
    I had multiple launchers so i had to hunt down all the portal gun cfg files just to make sure none of them had the eastereggs set at one and i found 3 of them did . even though i'm not playing on those launchers i wanted to make sure the raining chickens/pigs were stopped altogether .

6. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    12:29 AM
    yeah they were quite annoying. it easily left my infinity game unplayable... and this stuff is even worse, cause' Crainer had run into this easter egg and his game lagged a great deal. they have fps powerhouses for computer's. so that just goes to show how bad the chicken-pigs are :p