1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Request for Twilight Forest to be reset more often

Discussion in 'SevTech: Ages' started by Willshaper, May 24, 2018.

1. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:07 AM
    Hi.

This is a request for the Twilight Forest on Sevtech to be reset more often.

The reason for this, is that it's almost impossible to progress once you come to this area, because the bosses are all dead, and the important items looted.

From what i heard, only a few players have progressed past Twilight Forest, and already with so few, the forest is empty of the important items/bosses.

Today and yesterday aswell, i have spent upwards of 8-10 hours in Twilight Forest, 80% of that time, looking for bosses to kill.

In that time i have found:
    3 Hydra spots, all dead. Drops Firey Blood which is required to progress.
    4 Ur-Ghast towers, all without the needed Carmite Reactor.

I have done most of the other stuff in there, and there was no problems finding those. But Hydra and Ur-Ghast are almost impossible at the moment.

Here is what i have explored so far in those 8-10 hours:

And i would probably need another 5-10 to search the rest.

Soon a lot more people will also have gotten to the point of needing Twilight Forest to progress, and at that point, a ton of people will get stuck as i am.

screech101 likes this.
  2. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    6:07 AM
    Resetting it more often would be impractical, setting up, how ever, a way to "trade items" for x amount of fiery bloody would work out better.

3. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I am unsure if the same system excists on multiple modpacks, but on Divine journey there is a market devoted to twilight forest items. That way everyone can get all the items they need just for MyMs. The twilight forest is disabled on Dj though, so the market could be a result of that. Maybe a system where the twilight forest doesn’t reset very often, but instead had a market devoted to the items would work.

I haven’t played sevtech yet though, so I wouldn’t know of a market of this kind interferes with the mechanics of the modpack

4. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    On dj the version of twilight forest is very lag intensive that's why there's a store for it on sevtech it's a new version more optimized

5. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    I can confirm the OP's problems. There are limited areas to kill bosses, which are required for progression. This can be circumvented somewhat though. You can share your trophies and drops with other players. merely picking them up triggers the questline progression.

Just dont exchange those items in a claimed area, because items despawn when they are dropped by someone who isnt trusted in a claim.

6. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Adding onto this:

The Twilight Forest was reset today, and within an hour, 3 out of 4 hydras on the map were killed. Once the last one is dead, progression past Twilight Forest is locked until next saturday.

screech101 likes this.
  7. MrR20

MrR20 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Its annoying. Spend 6 houers to look after Carmite Reactor. in Twilight Fores. No luck and all was looted... We need this to progress to age 3 and i know of 5 other player who will face the same problems soon.

Please make a shop to get this items or add spawns with timer....

And i agree with what all the other have written.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  8. Peace7904

Peace7904 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:07 AM
    I will go ahead and tag the @Administrator Team so they can discuss on what they would like to do.

9. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    12:07 AM
    The current system in-place for resets do not allow a more frequent variable. @SirWill might have more insight than I do

10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I'm currently generating a larger twilight forest, the TF world gen is just very slow.

11. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    Any ETA on implementation of this bigger Twilight Forest? Players are getting restless xD

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2018
  12. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I did manually reset it again about a hour ago as it's not ready yet.

_Cilo_ likes this.
  13. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time: