1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resource friendly alternative to RFTools Resource Dimensions

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by GO0, Jul 9, 2019.

1. GO0

GO0 Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    4:55 AM
    Obviously with RFTools dimension tools being disabled due to the resource intensive nature of the mod, players are unable to create the "resource dimensions" the mod is popular for. Notable examples are UU-Matter ocean worlds or Draconium pyramids. These vastly change the gameplay and are often core to speeding up progress in the pack. However, with it being impossible to create these dimensions, the progress through packs containing RFTools is vastly impeded. I've been thinking quite a lot about this issue and possible solutions, and believe a server-side plugin/mod could be used as a substitute to these dimensions. Instead of creating a whole new dimension, this mod would allow you to submit resource dimlets in exchange for some kind of item or fluid template. This would allow the player to place said template in some sort of interface (likely a chest with a sign) along with a charged Resonant Energy Cell. If the template is a resource type, another chest would be assigned as an "output" chest that will generate said resource over time. This will allow players to export items into a more permanent form of storage. As for fluids, there are two potential ways to export fluids. The easiest would be to submit a drum or bedrockium drum along with the appropriate amount of Resonant Energy Cells to "power" the dimension simulator. This would allow the drums to just be returned full and the cells emptied. The much more straightforward way is to allow a drum or some sort of fluid storage to be filled over time with the fluid. I'm not entirely sure if this is possible however, as I don't have much experience with fluids and mods, however if it is, this would be the easiest for the user to set up.

Obviously this is just a rough idea. The energy calculations, outputs, and generation rates would likely have to be calculated and hard coded by hand, so it's not the easiest thing in the world to make. Because of this, if staff decide to implement such a feature, I'd be more than willing to contribute as I do have a good bit of Java experience.

Thanks for checking this out! If anyone would like to add anything or contribute to the general idea, this is the kind of thing that would benefit from community ideas. If you have experience working with Minecraft mods and know of a better way this could be done, I'd love to hear!

CatArcher likes this.
  2. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    3:55 AM
    yeah or have a place at spawn or a server build where you could put the dimlits in or something and get access to a limited time "infinite" amount of said items ie uumater draconium ect

CatArcher likes this.
  3. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:55 AM
    Honestly I think the fact we can't speed up progression makes the packs more enjoyable. I honestly see a lot of people finding exploits in this system if it were to be implemented

willjust10 and Fireforce like this.
  4. willjust10

willjust10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:55 AM
    I am curious to what you are making why an ender quarry doesn't suffice?

5. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    10:55 AM
    Because not all packs has ender quarry and in some packs it's out right banned or can't be crafted... There you first get that sort of mineing power rather late or do like me and always go for the ie excavator for early sorta quarry mineing

GO0 likes this.