1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revelation World Reset

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by SirWill, Apr 3, 2018.

1. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    2:59 AM
    The revelation world is corrupted since a while which was caused most likely by SpongeForge. This has been fixed a week ago as stated here: PSA: SpongeForge RB 2990/SpongeVanilla RB 33 for Minecraft 1.12.2 - Announcements - Sponge Forums
    Unfortunately this corruption is permanent and can only be fixed by a rollback or world reset. The issue was noticed pretty late which would require a rollback of multiple weeks.
    The world corruption causes the block id's to change on every restart which results in blocks getting replaced with different blocks or blocks disappearing. I did add a script which restores the level.dat from a backup as workaround but this did only work until now.
    After updating the server to the latest modpack version there are multiple chunks which use wrong block ids which causes server, client crashes and lost bases.

I tried for 7+ hours to save the world but either the block id's changed or there were corrupted chunks.

At this point it is the best to reset the world. There is still a small chance that something else causes the world corruption but there is no easy way to test this.

You will be able to keep your inventory but if your inventory will prevent you from logging in we will only delete it and not try to restore it.

As the new worlds still need to be pregenerated you have about 24-48 hours to save stuff in your inventory.

Update #1 Revelation World Reset | Page 3 | MineYourMind Community
    Update #2 Revelation World Reset | Page 5 | MineYourMind Community

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  2. Ghast12345678910

Ghast12345678910 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:59 AM
    Will the contents of enderchests be kept?

3. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    damn so i have most of my items in a AE system how meney diesk can i have in my inventor before it pevents me to log in and gives me an Id error ?

4. Korsovan

Korsovan Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:59 PM
    My only question; Any idea which mods are affected by the id conflicts? I'd love to save my stuff, but cramming my inventory and learning I corrupted it will be sad times.

Never mind, I see it's 1.8 now, I will be able to see the mess

Oh, and thank you by the way, SirWilli, that was a Herculean effort to try and save the server, just sucks that between updates things go sideways so easily

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Vanilla enderchest, yes.
    You can have your inventory full as long as you don't put them into another inventory like backpacks.
    Inventory stores item names while the world uses ids, so everything should be fine in the inventory.

6. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    @SirWill Would the ME discs be able to be stored in the vanilla enderchest? Because the vanilla E-chest does not have a physical location that it stores stuff, therefore it cannot cause an NBT overload. I think it should be safe, and would allow me to save almost all of my items from my ME system. Damn shame all that work on my new base will go to waste though :(

7. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Not sure, never had player do that. Store your important drives in your inventory so in case of a overload we just delete your enderchest.

8. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Alright, will do. I have a basic idea of how NBT works, but as the E-Chest is not a physical item that physically stores that data, it shouldb be safe. But I'll make sure to put not-so-important drives in there, and have my basemates lug around drives as well.

9. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I don't even know if that is still a issue in 1.12.

10. MakakPL

MakakPL Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    backpacs and chest in transporters will be removed ?

11. m0rpuus

m0rpuus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    are /ec also kept?

12. Ghast12345678910

Ghast12345678910 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:59 AM
    That is the enderchest, so probably yes

13. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    8:59 PM
    If I am not mistaken the game treats the enderchest like a second inventory for the player, so it should be safe to store drives there. I could easily be wrong though, so best to be safe.

14. Legallity

Legallity Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    whole base gone... :-(

But thanks for trying Sirwill!

15. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:59 PM
    Is the seed on the new world the same on the old world?

Also, can we generate the farm world so that it is similar with the spawning of world generation to the overworld? Basically generate an overworked and move the dimension to the farm world instead of generating it as a farm world.

Fireforce and CreepersScareMe5 like this.
  16. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    If we are getting a whole newly generated world, could we get the amplified world gen?

Ghast12345678910 likes this.
  17. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:59 PM
    From previous experience, the world type is left at default or whatever the pack maker suggests.

18. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I'd honestly love the amplified world gen, so if that would be possible I'd LOVE to test some new building designs.

19. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    What was missing in the farmworld?

20. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    The issue with Amplified is that it can be very annoying without fly and after a while you will see dirt/cobble pillars all over the place.