1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Send players to spawn when their claim is deleted.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Lebinator95, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Lebinator95

Lebinator95 Member

Local Time:
    3:58 PM
    I had been playing on the POL server for a while and by the time I realized I hadn't logged on in a while it was already too late to log in or request an extension. I logged in hoping somehow it was still there but fully expecting to appear at spawn. For most modpacks it likely wouldn't matter if you spawn at your base but for skyblocks there are obvious issues. With the backstory done, here is the suggestion. Unless it is intentional that you want players who have been away for awhile and have had their base wiped to start completely from ground zero, when the base is deleted the players that belong to that island should be sent to spawn. For the majority of players by the time they get fully logged into any modded server and are able to move around they have fallen into the void and aren't able to save themselves. It just makes a bad situation worse and depending on what the player had on them they may have been willing to start their island over as they could possibly get to where they were decently quickly.

2. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:58 PM
    On the skyblock servers, it is intended that the player starts over from scratch when their island is reset. Your inventory is cleared when creating/joining a new island, so if you were sent back to spawn and attempted to start over with the saved items, they would be cleared either way.

dragon87tamer likes this.
  3. dragon87tamer

dragon87tamer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:58 PM
    adding to this...couldnt u run a script also, to clear the questing data too for that player that has lost their island?

4. BlazeFTB

BlazeFTB Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:58 PM
    I would think dying in the void would be better than being teleported to spawn as if you die in the void due to the inactivity reset, you would have a gravestone which would have the contents of your inventory oh, then you would be sent to spawn because your home bed is missing or obstructed and then if you have a death marker or back on death command you could then retrieve those items from your grave after you make a new island, that is if the island creation doesn't also delete any gravestones