1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info September Server Shutdowns

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Aidoneus, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    10:59 AM
    Hello Everyone. Hope everyone is doing well. It is that time again to look into clearing up some space for newer servers! Before that though, we have to get a few shutdown.

Server Shutdowns

Here are the following servers that are going to be shutdown
    • FTB Beyond
    • Regrowth
    Looking at our server statistics, these are our lowest performing servers in the last few months.

Servers will shutdown September 12, 2021

Note: You can download your base and continue playing the pack in Single Player.
    Read more about the MyM World Downloader here:

How to use MyM World Downloader — MyM-Wiki 0.0.1 documentation

After Thoughts

It's not all shutdowns though, as Hanover has just announced a new Patron server for you guys to play around with. You can read more about that here

That's all the announcements for right now. I hope you enjoy the new server!

In the next several days, we are going to be announcing more server changes and at least 1 new pack. Stay tuned!

mrminesheeps and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.
  2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    9:59 AM
    RIP Beyond, you go to the Great Beyond now.
    That being said, excited to see the next public server :)

3. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:59 PM
    Oh no! Not Regrowth! It will still have paid buffs running when it shuts down :D
    (»Fly by GenesisRythm for 10 days 6 hours 26 minutes)

ElectricPoof and sp33draft like this.
  4. sp33draft

sp33draft Helper

Local Time:
    7:59 PM
    I want a refund :p

5. sp33draft

sp33draft Helper

Local Time:
    7:59 PM
    Regrowth may be lost again but it will come back stronger

BookerTheGeek and ElectricPoof like this.
  6. ElectricPoof

ElectricPoof Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:59 AM
    I'm just glad we got one more time- I've been able to do everything I wanted & it's been a lot of fun over the last 4 years!
    Peanut & I built our best base together on regrowth, thank you @dailypeanut Thanks all! :')

M4sterOx, Sandstroem and sp33draft like this.
  7. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Gotta work on Regrowth 2: Electric Boogaloo

8. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I'd honestly probably play Regrowth for modern MC because it got such high praise, I'm curious to see what it'd look like 1.12+

sp33draft and ElectricPoof like this.
  9. Zippity_Doodah

Zippity_Doodah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Regrowth was a great modpack for it's time... It was one of those progressive style pre-expert modpacks that was fun and interesting to play... I'm surprised it never got a facelift and update into the modern age of Minecraft... Some of the major mods in the pack also kind of went the way of the Dodo... Witchery went defunct, and so on... If packs don't keep updated as mods come and go, they are bound to have players lose interest... Regrowth is one of those concept packs, that while in essence is a kitchen sink pack, it was well hidden within the story concept and progressive nature of the pack's design... Something many packs these days tend to lack...

It's why I'm a real fan of packs that include progression through the use of ideas like questing, ages, skill levels, and so forth... Not necessarily expert packs where progression is grindy gated recipe changes designed with the motive of just prolonging gameplay time in a pack...

Zip

10. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Regrowth was as much an expert pack as others, it just didn't have it in the title and the creative endgame grind. Please don't call it a kitchen sink pack, lol. Many recipes were modified and mods gated

11. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:59 PM
    Just because Gray could never figure out how to even make a crafting table doesn't make a pack expert :p

mrminesheeps likes this.
  12. Willfon

Local Time:
    Haha, quite right! As long as you didn't need to make an extreme unstable thaumcraft infusion to create a Witchery altar its not an expert pack. By that I mean that that yes there were modified recipies for most stuff but it wasn't bad changes. You didn't need to do the Brutal Grind, even if you had to mix four different mods.

13. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    It wasnt an expert pack compared to what Infinity Expert defined as expert, but calling it a kitchen sink is not fair. Kitchen sink at least to me implies that it is just a bunch of mods thrown together that are mostly unmodified. Infinity Normal, Revelation, DW20 are typical examples of kitchen sink packs. And for example SkyFactory series.

14. Willfon

Local Time:
    A sinkhole for sure, but not a kitchen sinkhole.