1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Serious troubles today trying to move things to/from my hotbar.

Discussion in 'Monster' started by MrWisski, Nov 12, 2014.

1. MrWisski

MrWisski Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:52 AM
    So, I'm trying to build stuff. Move the block i want to an empty spot on my hotbar. exit out of inventory, try to place the block. Block disappears from my hotbar and inventory, shows back up when i hit 'r' to Sort Inventory. If I try to move something OUT of my hotbar, item goes in inventory, slot looks empty, but I can click, and use whatever item WAS in there, at which point it reappears in my hotbar.

My ping to m-east.mym.li is 140ms. Not too bad! 50 packet test shows 2% packet loss. Acceptable! Trace route is fine, showing no burning routers between me and the server. I've got a steady WiFi signal without much interference at all, So what the sundae is going on? :(

2. krupterz

krupterz Local jerkface

Local Time:
    It hates you?

That aside i've had that happen in my test this crap world but not on the server yet.

3. MrWisski

Local Time:
    It's been on and off all day. So frustrating/annoying. But it's only on East. West is fine, and where i've been going to change inven slots....but NOW I also need an admin/mod type to get my Thaumaturge Backpack from west spawn, where some kinda bug killed me (fall damage? no.). it's stuck on the ground and i can't pick it up lol

4. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    2:52 PM
    I also sometimes have errors like this, and a re-login will help normally. Alternatively, try opening a non-vanilla inventory (eg. ender pouch, the TiC crafting table, applied energistics), moving around stuff in one of those screens will work, even if you only move it around in your own inventory.

chugga_fan likes this.
  5. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    if it's the "shift click glitch" pressing ctrl solves the problem :p

6. MrWisski

Local Time:
    No, I know that error. simply alt-tabbing it solved it for me. THIS problem is completely different - It's like the server just isn't respecting the packet that says "MrWisski moved the leaves to his hotbar, and move the item that was previously in that slot to his inventory" ... I go to do something with something I've just moved, and it flashes for *just* a second in the world, and then vanishes, both from the world, and my hotbar. it doesn't show up again unless I sort inventory, change servers, or generally update the client's inventory in some way.

Xfel - that's exactly what i've been doing lately. I made up a Big Black Backpack. Accessing my inventory from a container's inventory seems to correct it, as you stated. It's still terribly frustrating ;) And no, logging out never solved it for me. It was localized to East, and when it was happening, it happened, and no amount of fiddling, or closing would fix it. I didn't try reinstalling, but I'm not entirely convinced this is a purely client side issue. :([DOUBLEPOST=1415889186,1415796356][/DOUBLEPOST]Problem Solved. The WikiLinks mod recently placed on the MyM Launcher options was causing both the item-wierdness AND the occasional crashes. Remove WikiLinks cleared everything up.