1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Server Reset and Shutdown [April. 2023]

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Aidoneus, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    5:39 PM
    Unfortunately it's time again to get rid of servers which are no longer popular enough. This will clear out a LOT of room on our machines and then we can proceed to start with updating and running servers on newer versions of Minecraft!

Servers will be shutdown on the 7th of April.
    Affected Servers
    • Project Ozone 3 Kappa
      • Shutdown
    • Infinity Expert
      • Shutdown
    • Forever Stranded
      • Shutdown
    • Skyfactory 3
      • Shutdown
    Base Download Those that would like to continue on their bases in single player or on their own server are welcome to download the base during the next week with /wd.

2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    4:39 PM
    Forever Stranded will now, truly, be forever stranded.
    Also, Infinity Expert shutting down? About time eh? lol.

3. SparedPumpkins

SparedPumpkins Senior Moderator

Local Time:
    11:39 PM
    Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

SovereignEternal likes this.
  4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:39 AM
    Oh boi... my 2nd /wd ever...
    Since Regrowth second closing I never opened it again but... it sits there, waiting to sprout again.
    One day I finish the Infinity Expert too.

5. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:39 PM
    Literally none of these servers shutting down surprises me Kappa Mode died out once Mythic was added. Forever Stranded and SF3 haven't had a stable playerbase worth keeping the servers running for a few years now

6. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Infinity Evolved is the same... I liked the pack and need of using less known/used machines to get stuff for other but playing there was single player experience with limitations of the server.

Let's hope we will get the new 1.16+ packs for everyone not only patrons. Maybe Vanila 1.19 in meantime.

Also its funny Aido posted this on April 2, not yesterday. Clearly its not a joke!

Isabelleatoi and BetaPetey like this.
  7. XoCynner

XoCynner Manager

Local Time:
    7:39 PM
    Most definitely is not a joke ! We have some exciting things coming soon !!

8. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    I was surprised to login recently (FS) and find my huge starbase still up. I guess that dim has never been wiped in the last 3 (4?) years. :)

Isabelleatoi and mrminesheeps like this.
  9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I mean, hey, that's pretty dope! lol. Enjoy it while it lasts. Maybe you could even download it?

10. AceOfBases

Local Time:
    Couldn't when I tried originally. The space dim isn't claimed, so /WD just didn't process it. The station was built with Schematica, regardless, so I've got the original safe and sound.

The bigger station was on MC Eternal, again from Schematica, built once I had access to creative vending upgrades and ME cells. No idea if it's still up there.

11. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    5:39 PM
    We can always give you a world download if this happens!

12. AceOfBases

Local Time:
    Seems like we tried it on FS. Don't recall clearly, so many years now, but if I was really motivated I could go back through all my tickets and messages with staff and likely find the thread. I don't recall that it worked. But again, the station wasn't anything unique to the server, so it's not worth investing more time into the project.

Thanks for chiming in! If I throw some more time at servers, it would be on MCE. Logged in the other day, but couldn't get away from the point of spawn. Terrrible rubberbanding. Just kept spawning, land on the ground, then rubberband back up a couple feet at the spawn point and drop again. If I work on solving that, then I'll check to see if the space dim on MCE was wiped. I think it was going to be completely reset back when I quit years ago, so expect to find nothing. I had a couple pocket bases on alternate dims there, as well as the bigger version of the FS station.

13. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I call dibs on what was it called? Modpack Bonanza? That thingy where we got modpack for a week and later we vote for pack that stays for longer.
    Yea, that was good stuff, maybe more work with setting up the servers to work but spicy!

14. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Noooo, not Forever Stranded! I'm playing that!

15. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Can we get the info from since those servers were on MyM?

I am really interested how long Infinity is here. Thats the beauty of MyM and its curse same time - we can play older packs here and not that much networks allow that

Also i need help with my Infinity Expert - how im gonna exit the LM? I made the base there but I was moving out from there so how I tp to overworld now? I think i have 1 dislocator from draconic evolution but it wont have the coords from multiplayer.

If i die in Last Millenium void i will tp to overworld? bc i could ue my soulbound satchel to carry the dislocator or use blood magic teleposers to tp.

EDIT.
    Nevermind - i can exit LM by using LM portal xD Thanks Google

16. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I don't have the exact date, but we were mentioned in JoeCoolFlyingAce's stream on Jan 19th 2016, where he discusses why he left MYM. We used to play on Infinity, so considering this was after he lost his base on Infinity the first time, we must have been up since… October 2015? Ish?

17. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    God you're making me feel old, please -.-

18. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Heh, so many people left beacause inactivity timer ate their bases...
    Well if at that time Expert was more populated he could get some help, not like its right now.

19. Cantiel

Cantiel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    tbf, it is pretty de-motivational to loose all your progress, especially when you gotten pretty far into a pack already. i'm currently going through the same in sevtech skies. even with at least most of my old gear in my backpack & age progress redoing everyhting to get back where i was is a slug, as i still have to redo most of the steps, like making the darn immersive arc furnace in order to be able to use osmium

20. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I know that feel way too much. Crash Landing, Agrarian Skies 2 base i were working for like 4 months with handmade island and sea.
    Recently I switched back to Infinity Nomal - its nice to have draconic armor and staff of power but i would trade them for my bees, genes etc i had on lost base way before overworld reset