1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Set thaumcraft back to normal mode, (see my reasons before naysaying)

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by chugga_fan, Sep 26, 2015.

?

Do you w ant it easy mode or normal mode?

1. Normal ofc

26 vote(s)
    57.8%
  2. Easy mode, the minigame sucks to do

19 vote(s)
    42.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    12:12 PM
    Ok, before anyone wants to go out and naysay me, and the like, yes, I know we voted on this before, I'd like to ask the public again because this time I will back up my opinions very thoroughly. Hear me out before you talk. Now the thing about normal mode vs easy mode is that easy mode means you don't have to do the research mini game, "saving time", while normal means sometimes you don't and sometimes you do. Now with normal mode you aren't forced to use any aspects that you are low on for the normal mini game researches, generally this would be ordo and the like that stems from it. With easy mode you are forced to scan everything for these extremely rare aspects that you probably won't want to do. Also, on normal mode you can get a cheat sheet research helper, or you can do it yourself the legitimate way. On easy, there's no way to make it easier for getting those rare aspects.

teufler80 likes this.
  2. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    9:12 AM
    i totally agree with you chugga its soo frustrating when you have to scan every little piece/item in the game just to get hold of those aspect and standing on a farm for hours at least my case its boring thats why i have not touch thaumcraft since it was change to easy mode

teufler80 and chugga_fan like this.
  3. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:12 PM
    Does the deconstruction table not help?

4. frogman79

frogman79 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:12 AM
    I'd rather do it the hard way, I don't consider it that hard. The time it takes to get the aspects need to get the easy research seems for me to be longer. Hard way saves on aspects quite a bit as well.

teufler80 likes this.
  5. julio1237878

Local Time:
    No thanx Krhymez i would need tons just to get what i need and with the randomness of the aspect you get....

6. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    takes forever either way to get enough ordo...

teufler80 likes this.
  7. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    When it comes to research points, I just make an EIO powered spawner with clerics/knights, and farm the research fragments. Right-clicking the fragments give you a random amount of the primal aspects. A good farm can sustain you from start to Ichor.

8. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    yes but not everyone can GET one of these...

9. Xyrik

Xyrik [Knight of Arashi]

Local Time:
    11:12 AM
    I can usually get enough of the base aspects by going around and scanning Nodes, esp. in the Farmworld which resets monthly. Other than that, there are usually a fair amount of items to scan which, honestly I don't mind all that much, but I can see why it would be frustrating. Tbh I think the nicest solution would be some sort of mod that puts an over-lay with the best solution, BUT that requires actually making that. Honestly I think the best and most efficient solution is to keep it in Easy mode. I never really had a problem getting enough aspects tbh, especially since you can make all but the Primals. Primal aspects aren't too hard to get either, if you scan nodes, as I said.

And also as Matryo said, I often just go into the Eldritch and yoink all the research frags. Like, getting 3 stacks from one run isn't all that difficult and it gives you basically all you need.

10. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Yet not everyone can do that.... again.... and scanning nodes takes time

11. julio1237878

Local Time:
    You know after easy mode was put it just made one side of the party happy i never like easy mode :/ and then again i don't want to stand an hour in a spawner getting those knowledge fragments

12. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Feeding crafting tables to deconstruction tables and getting a way to autoclick the aspects is my aproach to this problem. This proces is easy to automate when you have a wood farm running.

13. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    autoclickers are banned irrc

julio1237878 likes this.
  14. matijase

matijase Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Where is the rule written? They prevent you getting afk kicked, but what if you cant get afk kicked with a donator rank, how would that rule apply then?

15. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    @SirWill ruled it, ask him, not me

16. julio1237878

Local Time:
  17. Fousicek

Fousicek Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i would keep it on easy. bcs fly is not that hard to get and scaning nodes is not that time consuming , especialy in deep dark.

mrminesheeps likes this.
  18. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    That takes alot of time to do... and it gets hard, takes so long normally... and i do that and still have troubles

19. julio1237878

Local Time:
    Fousicek one of the main problems that i find with easy mode is that it requires more aspects than with normal mode i mean i need more to unlock the fire foci while i can just add 1 ignis to the research game and complete it

20. Fousicek

Fousicek Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    ok, i just dont get what is easy on that when it is called easy mode. IF it requiers more aspects then it is not easyier at all. But ok. I am okey with both solution but i am really bored with the minigame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.