1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Sevtech Crashes

Discussion in 'SevTech: Ages' started by PatsMatt, Sep 30, 2018.

1. PatsMatt

PatsMatt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    6:07 PM
    Sevtech has been crashing a lot lately. I have isolated the problem to when ever someone joins the server for the first time. The first time someone crashes the games freezes up and you can only run around you can interact with anything, tp, or event type in chat. Then if they leave you can play as normal. However, the game will crash within next 5 to 10 minutes every times. Then their is a rollback. The error I continue to receive is can not connect to proxy. I know of 3 other people that have the same problem.

2. PatsMatt

PatsMatt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Here is the latest example. Someone joined. Less than 5 minutes later server crashes saying "[Proxy] Lost connection to server"

Attached Files:

3. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    12:07 AM
    Unfortunately there is no error or anything, the server just stops responding. I'm also unable to reproduce the issue with my test account so I can't debug the issue.

4. PatsMatt

PatsMatt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    It says has a problem maintaining connecting to proxy. So i wonder if the first time someone joins and their information is created in the database if their is something in the connection that is causing an error.

5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Is this still an issue? I tweaked few things but can't test it as mentioned above.
    Also when a new player joins can you still play and use the chat without issues before it crashes?

6. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I assume the issue is gone as I haven't received a reply here.

7. UberSteph

UberSteph Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    5:07 PM
    It is still an issue. Every new player causes a lag which wont allow us to open things or chat and then a few moments later it goes down.

8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Still unable to reproduce this issue. Even with a fresh world it doesn't happen for some reason.

9. Simplesarcast

Simplesarcast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    *edit* made my comment into a new topic as it does not concern the new character/crash bug

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I was finally able to reproduce the issue and after 7-8 hours testing I did find out that there seems to be a incompatibility issue between few plugins and one of the mods in the modpack. I disabled acceptrules for now which should prevent the crashing until this issue is resolved completely. I don't know what is causing the issue exactly and I also wonder why it started without any changes to the server which I'm aware of.

UberSteph likes this.