1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Sevtech Server - Need better starter signs

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by orionbeta, Jul 6, 2019.

1. orionbeta

orionbeta Active Member

Local Time:
    3:18 AM
    I realize that this server was initially limited to only certain members of the community. Over the past few days, I have noticed a lot of confusion from players that join the SevTech server.

They need some instructions regarding going to the farm world first to learn some basic advancements until they can use the flint shovel to claim an area in the overworld.

Once people have that basic information they tend to do much better and spend time learning the pack.

2. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:18 AM
    Isn't there a sign at spawn that says to step ont the pressureplate to the farm world to unlock the tutorial age?

3. orionbeta

orionbeta Active Member

Local Time:
    3:18 AM
    Yes, there are two signs...

The 1st sign says: Use the pressure plates to unlock tutorial state.
    The 2nd sign says: You can only build & break inside claims in the overworld.

I would add a further explanation to head to the farm world until they advance through the advancements under "L" enough to learn the flint shovel to claim in the overworld.

I realize that people should read the signs, but this pack is very different than the normal game and a little hand-holding in the beginning will help people figure out how to get started without getting frustrated and logging out.

Remember that we were all new at one time. :)

4. TheCreeperCow

TheCreeperCow Member

Local Time:
    12:18 PM
    Also if possible add a condition to the signs so they cannot enter overworld thru the tp pads if they are not yet able to hold a flint shovel

5. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
  6. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I didn't, but now that I'm back home I will hit it first thing in the morning.

GreyWolf11 likes this.
  7. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Looks to be signs here. Did @wyndman get around to it? :D

8. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    12:18 PM
    I have one question. Why is this system that you can only break blocks in a claim in the ow limited to sevtech? Why dont we use that on all land based packs? Wouldn't that prevent most of the broken landscapes caused by either mining in the ow or unreset unclaimed buildings? (if the claim reset works properly after the inactivity time, which it not always does)

9. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Good question. We did it on SevTech due to the limited resources such as water to prevent the over arching world destruction between people draining water and breaking every rock they saw the overworld would be no match for our players. This might be an excellent addition to some of our other packs where ruining the overworld is quite common place, and it would reduce the amount of griefing, after all you can't place it if you don't claim it.

There are also new and exciting signs at spawn.

10. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:18 AM
    Marking as implemented.