1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against [SF4] Add-on mods

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by MSTRPLN, Jan 22, 2023.

?

Do you want more cutomizaion and building choices?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I dont mind

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. MSTRPLN

MSTRPLN Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:03 AM
    Would be nice if we had some more posibilities when it comes to creativity and base building.
    There are 2 mods from 1.7.10 that were discontinued but picked up again and working for 1.12.2
    Did some little testing myself on SF4 using curse client and didn't run into any major conflicts yet.

I don't mind if certain things would be modified/blocked just would be really nice to see what people would come up with using these mods in combination to Forge Multipart and Chisel & Bits.

Mod 1: Architecture Craft 1.12.2

ArchitectureCraft Mod (1.12.2, 1.10.2) provides blocks for creating various architectural features that can’t otherwise be achieved easily or at all. Currently included are blocks for building sloping roofs, pillars and rounded corners, and windows with frames.

-Link to download page

Mod 2: Xtones 1.12.2

Xtones Mod 1.12.2, 1.11.2 adds a whole bunch of modern, futuristic, and fantasy style decorative building blocks. It is an open-source clone of Ztones, and uses the official textures.

-Link to download page

Little quick creation with these mods
    [​IMG]
    Ofcourse the posibilities are endless with arches and rounded corners etc.

2. SparedPumpkins

SparedPumpkins Senior Moderator

Local Time:
    10:03 AM
    I love a good building mod. I've never used Xtones but it sounds great. Architecture Craft is on Revelations and it works really well.

3. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:03 AM
    As much as I hate to say it, I doubt any of our packs will get added mods. People don't really pay attention to the forums, so adding mods will cause people to log in, get kicked, and then move on to the next server. Servers tend to focus on availability, and MYM doesn't seem like much of an exception

4. SparedPumpkins

SparedPumpkins Senior Moderator

Local Time:
    10:03 AM
    Mods will certainly not be added if no one asks for them to be added. As for people not paying much attention to the forums, that feels like a separate issue. If you would like a mod added, just ask the question, on here or in discord. I'm sure someone would let you know the possibility.

5. MSTRPLN

MSTRPLN Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:03 AM
    Would be nice though, not only could Xtones be used for a different variety of blocks, my guess is that architecturecraft is a whole lot ram friendlier than a pixelated slope made out of bits. And it might encourage people with different styles, perhaps give them a reason to come back to this pack with a new variety of base building options.

if they do it would be nice if they added the Xtones blocks, chisel antiblock & vanilla concrete to the micro multipart config aswell. The forums are dead indeed but the discord doesn’t have as much channels for certain things like these. Although Discord could be used for annoucements for little/major changes theres a solid amount of people on the server

6. MaraJade2

MaraJade2 Moderator

Local Time:
    2:03 AM
    We don't add alter packs outside what is necessary for running on our network so we will not be adding any mods like this.

7. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    3:03 AM
    Add-on mods are usually never added to packs. This prevents people from joining the server if they download the base modpack.

Decided against.

SparedPumpkins likes this.