1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Shaders for AOE

Discussion in 'Age of Engineering' started by TheBeachBoyz, Oct 9, 2017.

1. TheBeachBoyz

TheBeachBoyz Active Member

Local Time:
    5:23 AM
    Just a topic dicussing support for getting shaders to work on AoE, I actually havent attempted at getting it to work myself but will confirm if I do. Are they compatible yet? Will just be trying to add optifine and add the shaders to the mod folder but I believe there needs to be a patch with it to make it compatible

2. Yorinar

Yorinar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I haven't tried personally, but someone mentioned in chat that they have gotten it to work within a few weeks or so of the pack opening on MyM.. Can't remember who, but I'm pretty sure they said they used optifine. Sorry not much help.

3. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    10:23 AM
    Shader is incompatible with some mods on 1.10. I tried to use it on beyond but it made all blocks invisible when I looked in a specific direction.

4. TheBeachBoyz

Local Time:
    I actually just got it to work on AoE by just by putting Optifine in the Mods folder, then using KuDa shaders in the shaders folder in game, worked ez and makes AoE more fun to play if you got a beefy PC

5. AlexisRoger

AlexisRoger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:23 AM
    More details please. Adding Optifine, and a shader pack in a manually created shader mod folder didnt show a menu option to use a shader. Attempting to add things sugh as GLSL shaders mod also crashed the MYM launcher on startup when I also tried that.

6. TheBeachBoyz

Local Time:
    @AlexisRoger So what I did was for the twitch/curse launcher which i think can be done for anything, you have to find the correct compatible Optifine and GSGL shaders mod version and level of extremity based on the PC you have. Personally I have a top of the line setup so I was able to have the Ultra Extreme Version :) What you have to do is find the folder that your Modpack is located in whichever launcher you are using and drop both the GSGL Shaders Mod and Optifine Mod in the mods folder. Then run the pack and load in, when you hit esc and go to video settings there should be shaders options, click on that then you should see open shaders folder which is where you will drop whatever shader mod you downloaded into. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS: You need Winrar(Or 7zip would work I guess but Winrar is better for MC) to extract these files into a regular folder, I forget if you need to do that with the Optifine or GSGL but I don't believe so, just with the shader mods themselves. If that doesnt work ofc then extract them. Compatibility of Optifine is very tricky with mods and yes some pack it just won't work with. For AOE tho it worked fine for me. Lemme know if you or anyone else has more questions!