1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback Shorten DJ2 Restart Timer by 1 Hour

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by ABadHaiku_, Nov 30, 2021.

1. ABadHaiku_

ABadHaiku_ Developer Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    3:43 PM
    EDIT: I'm retracting my statement, since the lag is far less consistent than I had previously assumed. Maybe something changed, idk.

I've noticed that no matter how many endgame players are on Divine Journey 2, the server always (see note) starts getting block lag that interferes with gameplay at around one hour and ten minutes left on the restart timer. The restart also always (see note) fixes the lag.

My suggestion is that we shorten the restart interval by one hour so that, by the time whatever memory leak is causing the lag starts interfering with gameplay, the server restarts to resolve it.

(I determined that it "always" happens by observing and finding that these stipulations are consistent across 10-20 restart intervals over this past week, at different times of day with differing player-counts and different players, on two different computers and operating systems [Win10 and OSX], and two different ISPs in two different states.)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  2. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The thing about restarting is its a band aid fix it just temporarily lessens the effects till it builds up again and starts to lag. If the cause of the memory leak is what I believe it is nothing can truly be done about it. The Divine Journey mod is known to be quite taxing on servers and coupled with the issues of 1.12

3. ABadHaiku_

ABadHaiku_ Developer Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    If something can't be fixed, then a band-aid is the best we can do.

4. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I personally believe that it's the divine journey mod as I've messaged the developer once and they freely admit they didn't write it with multiplayer in mind.

5. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    1:43 PM
    We make small tweaks almost everyday to that server to get it to run better. We do a lot of fine tuning behind the scenes so hopefully it is a bit more stable.

6. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    12:43 PM
    Current issue is players running too many Quantum Quarries. They have been lagging all week. I reminded server via Discord the rules limit players to ONE quarry. I also asked Staff to keep on that and remind players. So once we get that sorted hopefully it'll get back to running smooth.