1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Slow decline into nothingness…

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by Willfon, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:53 AM
    So, what I am trying to say with that is: Have anyone noticed how slow the server has become? I had and fearing my base was the culprit, I logged on with my alt and even after a reboot the server was almost unplayable. The stats does not say anything definitive, allthough the 159 worlds might be a litle too much :D

And because the server is unplayable, that is if you want to break or place blocks, I am pretty much alone. So I guess this is it? Galactic Science, the official Galactic Science server is done for?

Oh well. Three years was good.

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:53 AM
    The one hundred and fifty nine worlds is a reference to the number of TARDIS and Space Stations, as these both are considered separate DIMs the number will always be higher than those without galactricraft.

As for the rest of it, doom and gloom rarely helps any issues you are having, as this is the first report I know of that there is an issue over there it helps to report it if you are experiencing frequent performance issues so we can diagnosis and resolve them.

3. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    How many active claims are there? Does the island deleter also delete the tardis dim? Also people need to stop putting their bases into the tardis.

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:53 AM
    Sandy, Island deleter does work! You are right about the TARDIS though, players use their TARDIS to circumvent claim deletion, the boss removed a bunch of them a month or so ago and it caused chaos, but it might be time to prune them again.

5. Willfon

Local Time:
    … and many worlds is also detrimental to the server performance. And as a side note in GS there are 29 DIM dimensions and usually not an overworld for unnatural reasons, but who is counting.

I guess the question is… apart from all the space stations and tardises, what can cause such a steady low performance, unless there are hidden chunkloaded bases (which there of course cant be since noone has that many chunkloader tickets or permament chunk loaders, he said in his ignorance)?
    [doublepost=1537529182][/doublepost]And yes, Island deleter does work (my kid found out the hard way when he logged on and was yelled at by the new claim holder). Allthough at times it seems to be spotty. Ive come across quite a few half deleted bases or sites where a base is present, but with no claim. But for the main part, claim deletion does work.
    [doublepost=1537530038,1537529002][/doublepost]And of course now I see that derped and put this up in the support forums. I intended to just post a little chatter about the subject, not do a whole support thing. Close at will.

6. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I have an idea why not hard rest the server hasn't it been like looong ago it had one?

7. Willfon

Local Time:
    Ha! Troll :D

8. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Most people use the tardis because it is cool to take your base with you. Kinda.

What I meant is whether the claim deleter autodeletes the tardis too

9. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    No iam dead serious

10. Willfon

Local Time:
    How about an … inverse World Download? A world reset, where all the world files are deleted, but players can do a /wd but the /wd files are not deleted from the server and reapplied to the now fresh world? Only the players who are active will keep their bases and at least a few laggy space stations will be deleted.

11. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I think I would be time to hard reset the server caus I can't see last time wich was long ago

12. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    11:53 PM
    Sandstroem likes this.
  13. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I tuned few configs which seems to have made it better so far but not sure if it broke things.

That's only for manual execution, it doesn't auto run atm.

14. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Why not just delete the tardis when the claim gets deleted?

15. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I don't remember 100% as it was a while ago when I looked into it but if I remember correctly there was no easy way to find which tardis the player owns without using a command as a player.

I might look into it again and maybe find something I missed before.

16. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    You could just automatically run that script, whenever a claim gets deleted. Or with every server restart.

17. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    It requires an user input right now (dimension list with player names).

18. Willfon

Local Time:
    Understatement of the week! I just crooked three trees and didnt have to do a single leaf block twice!

SirWill likes this.
  19. Misco

Misco Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:53 AM
    I do not quite understand in English. Explain please what are you going to do with the Tardis? Will you delete them all or only those players who stopped logging into the game?

20. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Nothing was deleted. If we delete them it will be only for inactive players.