1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some ways to fix FPS (Minecraft 1.10.2)

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by CrimsonSZ, Jan 8, 2017.

1. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    6:04 AM
    It has come to my recent attention (Thanks to a friend) that a lot of players are experiencing low almost unplayable fps when on a 1.10.2 modpack. The most obvious way I have found to fix this, at least until fastcraft is updated, is to install the latest optifine version here: OptiFine Download

Before you ask, no it does not crash your minecraft, at least to my knowledge. Below are a few settings you should take note of which I have found browing the web. If anyone wants to help explain what these settings each change (as I'm no wiz) or recommend other settings and methods, please, feel free to go ahead and comment.

For intel users, you might wanna check this post:

Terrain animations=Off
    Mipmap levels: 0
    View/Render distance: 8-10 Do NOT go above it unless you know you can run with it
    VBOs: On

That's all I could find. Depending on the community to go further that my tired lazy and ill mind can go.

Almost forgot, you can set minecraft to run at a higher priority (Completely dependant on how good your cpu is, at least as far as I know) by opening task manager, going to details, find javaw.exe, right click set priority, above normal or high. Highly recommend you test both these settings. DO NOT USE REALTIME.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Datsaltysnek likes this.
  2. Rubijox

Rubijox Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:04 PM
    i wouldnt do that as it might start causing issues elsewhere

also, with optifine installed , somewhere in options you can find fast render and fast math , those can help a bit too(fast render makes tanks and barrels a bit derpy though)

3. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    5:04 PM
    yeah i also know that also have fast math and fast render (yes i know gasp what about shaders) well if you can sacrifice fancy lighting for more fps is also a good idea and there is a mod (idk if it will work with the server thu) its shows how much ram you are currently useing it looks pretty cool and works pretty well as well

4. Rubijox

Rubijox Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:04 PM
    *cough* f3 *cough*

5. Graphics:fast
    Smooth lightning-off
    Render distance:8
    Max framerate:unlimited
    Vbo-on
    Fog start:0.8 or off
    Under details-
    Entity shadows-off
    Dynamic FOV:turn this off if you have quake pro
    Under quality-
    Minimap levels-off
    Anisotropic filtering-off
    Minimap type:nearest
    Antialiasing-off
    Under performance-
    Smooth fps-on
    Fast render-on(turn off if you use storage drawers)
    Chunk updates:1
    Lazy chunk loading-on
    Smooth world-on
    Fast math-on
    Dynamic updates-off
    Under other-
    Autosave:3min
    This, plus some tinkering with graphics card settings, increased my fps from 5 to 80+. Hope it helps you too!

CaptainOzzy likes this.