1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Step by Step Instructions!

Discussion in 'Other' started by misscatlin1951, Apr 16, 2022.

1. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:47 AM
    Ok! After fighting with Microsoft for over a month, my name is changed and it is now a Microsoft account. However it seems that it works on Microsoft servers only. I tried to log in on the MYM site and it would not let me even after deleting account and adding the Microsoft account. Now there is No account and the JAVA is still messed up after having to redo JAVA on the computer then having to redo Java for Minecraft.
    What I need is step by step instructions on correcting the largest hurdle in my opinion and that is the Microsoft account but that is only what I think.
    Since I have relogged several times, Java finally kicked in so that part is fixed. Now I am getting a Java failed in its search for Microsoft account in Xbox... This is when I try to enter my Microsoft ID. This is where the problem is and the step by step done.
    I hate to ask but I cant remember how to take and publish a screenshot showing the error. I will wait for further instruction.

2. Aerydar

Aerydar Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:47 AM
    hi there

i know quite a few members here use ShareX to take and upload screenshots via imgur (account not needed). it´s a free program, i personally use it way too much.

i hope this can help you^^

3. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    Thanks. Ill try to use this to get the shots I need to get the system back on trac. Now JAVA has kicked up a mess by not allowing certain things to happen. Now to make things worse JAVA is not even permitting me to look at different programs in MYM. I am almost 71 but I can tell that HAVA is bitching every time I even try to look at a program, and it is all of them. It just crashes.

4. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    3:47 AM
    What exactly are you having problems with? Not being able to log into MYM servers after migrating to Microsoft account or what?

Please be specific of what you are having issues with, and break up the message so it isn't 1 block of text to make it easier to figure out, so that we can help.

5. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    As specific as I can get. My Microsoft account will not work on ANY server except the Microsoft Java based servers. I have tried to log in using my Microsoft account and it gives me a JAVA error but rather a location error. I know about Java not found but this is a Java error that Java is springing. I will tey to copy it and show you what is happening. Ok this is what is happening: I open the MYM launcher then I click on Microsoft account and this is the result. From what I am reading, Java is looking for my XBox Live account and it is not finding it. This happens the moment I press the Microsoft account without giving me an opportunity to even link an account. I hope that someone way smarter than I can figure this out. Ive burnt enough brain cells on this already. javaw_kLtNDsKKoc.

6. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    Okay, have you tried other launchers other than MYM launcher? IE GDLauncher, MultiMC, Curse? And for the MYM launcher, what version is it? It should be version 4.4.0.3

7. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    GDLauncher works without any errors. The problem is ... it isn't MYM. MultiMC will not work. It fails every download so far, and Curse is available, but it will not load. and Curse just assumes that a new player has to have a demo and purchase the game. As far as far as your own launcher... it is not set at 4.4.0.3 but 4.4.0.2. Now if everyone is running 4.4.0.3. where can I download it.
    Please, I am not being difficult, but you do have a way to make anyone feel as if they were ants to you. I have downloaded everything that I can and it still does not work. Please pass this to someone else if you cant give me some better advice.

8. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    Okay. If you have a modpack installed, right-click it and go view folder, then from that back out to the .mineyourmind folder, then into the launcher folder, and delete the JAR file with a long number for a name. Alternatively, you can get there by going to C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\.mineyourmind\launcher

Once you have done that, click the update button that should be beside the launch button in the launcher. However, if other launchers are causing issues, it might be your Java version that you have installed. GDlauncher, from what I know, installs its own Java version to use with the packs installed on that launcher.

9. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    Right now I am actually having to use the services of another server because it seems that MYM cant figure out what the error is that is causing me to not be able to log in as a Microsoft account member. Unfortunately, I will (more than likely) also use the complete services of the server that they recommend. I will continue to check back to see if my problem has been completed. I hope that your team can find the error and can tell me how to repair it because I now have access to all of the major MC launchers and they all work except one.
    AS I said before, they aint MYM and I will have to loose my tier three standing, but at least I have contact with the remaining MC community till I die. I am like MacArthur," I shall return"

10. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    After an hour long conversation with Microsoft support last night, in which tech checked first my account for errors then the login to Minecraft server at Microsoft then to a random server using a server in Spain, he determined that the error was definitely on the side of MYM. He felt that after the account was transferred by another tech support rep that the massive programming from the team in setting MYM up, somehow invalidates my account transfer on YOUR site only. We tested the only other launcher that wouldn't work and it was found that it had errors which would not pass the Microsoft account to the opening screen. The tech felt that something in your setup would not allow my account through to the member area. That is throwing the error codes that I and now Microsoft has seen.
    I was advised to try to work with the programming staff (I don't know what I can do) to get this done. Thanks for the assist in this.

11. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    I will pass this on to the admin team, see if they can perhaps give some better insight, but first, did you manage to get your MYM launcher fully updated? Or is it still 4.4.0.2?

12. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    My launcher is till at .02. Please tell me where to download .03 as the launcher as it sits in the rightmost part of the top left says 4.4.0.2 and I should be able to update the launcher to the next level by doing update launcher. When this is pressed it does go into the update, but what comes out is still l4.4.0.02.
    Now I am able to get into certain programs but there are still stuff I cant get in to. These programs will still need a protection on them until this problem is fixed and I am able tp get back on.\Thanks

13. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    Follow the above method which has worked to force the update, since it appears to be a conflict with the windows security for the normal update method.

Alternately, you could delete the current launcher, then navigate to and delete the .mineyourmind folder, then download again from our website.

14. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    Will this have any effect on the programs that I have started that are not in the MYM launcher? And can I get a reset on the programs that I have started if they have lapsed. I dont know what went south when the name change went out. I will delete the entire file and redo because I do not haaave an appdata on my system for any Minecraft program thatI have played over the last year as it is all cloud based. and I cant get to it.
    I think by eliminating all of the data for MYM will do the job, it is just finding it all as I work from mytiple drives.

15. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    When you say programs in the launcher, I assume you mean the modpacks? If so, you can just go to the directory that Aofie showed you and copy the modpacks folder to your desktop prior to deleting the .mineyourmind folder for reinstallation. After you reinstall, just copy the modpacks folder over and overwrite the old one.
    Also, I'm assuming you play on a Windows PC, try typing %appdata% into your search bar (In your Windows tab) and it should take you to the Roaming folder. If this doesn't work, try right clicking any modpack you have installed and click a tab that should say something like "directory/root folder/install location/whatever". And if all else fails, just use your PC's program uninstaller to delete the launcher. If you lose your modpacks, it should have no effect on you aside from it deleting your settings.

16. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    I am running a win 19 on Solid State drives SSD's and I cant find a "/appdata" on my machine. I have used the command that you just used and I pull up ... nothing. well nothing concerning Minecraft. I have application data from other programs but nothing from Minecraft . This is why I am having to completely delete the entire Minecraft folder and start over.
    I have no particular reason to tell a lie about tis, it is just an oddity that my system creates.
    I was finally able to find the appdata on my system. It was in a Hidden file in the OS but even after deleting the minecraft appdata and updating the system to 4.0.3, I still have the java error. This is going to take a long while to resolve I am afraid.

17. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    Okay, then I will ping @Administrator or @Akago to see if they possible know what could be causing it. Also can you grab the java version you are currently using? in command prompt type
    Code:
    java -version
    and either paste a screen shot or just write which version you are running.

mrminesheeps likes this.
  18. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    The Java version is 8.0.3210.7. I hope that this gets fixed soon.

19. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    Since this thread is still open, I will post in this one. It has been over a week, almost two since my post. Now it has become second nature to go somewhere to get my MC launcher, and then have to come back to the broken MYM to see what is new. I find that I cannot vote, because the account is still linked to the Gmail account and that main account is no longer effective for anything associated with Minecraft, if I have voted since the first of the month of April, I don't remember how I did it.
    Please put a bug in someone's ear that can help me, as this is getting old very quickly.

20. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    Thank you. I can now sign in to any game that I want. This has taken a long time to get repaired but it was worth it. Again thanks.