1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Story Time! Something fun and different.

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by chaseB2, Jun 7, 2018.

?

Are you interested and want to read stories?

Poll closed Jun 9, 2018.
  1. Sure, sounds like fun.

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nah, not really interested.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chaseB2

chaseB2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:18 AM
    As many of you probably don't know, I've got a bit of a knack for writing. That being said, @Punane and I came up with a brilliant idea. Why not share some of those stories that I've written in my free time and new one's I come up with along the way. I thought I'd throw out a poll first and get some feedback and see if you guys would be interested in seeing it.

Punane and I also discussed possibly making this an open thing for everyone to share stories from the rest of the community. It'd be kinda neat and fun to see other peoples styles and whatnot. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts one way or another and maybe make a thing out of this!

Depending on how the poll turns out and the feedback I get, I'll see about starting something up. I'll keep the poll open for the next few days and starting Saturday, post the first story if people want it. What I'd ideally like to do, depending on time constraints, is post a story once a week. But, if things work out well enough or you want more, I think I could look at doing them more frequently.

If we get things going well enough, I'd love to see some kind of friendly writing competitions arising from this. I look forward to hearing everyone's responses.

2. Punane

Punane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:18 AM
    I cannot wait for Saturday! It is a fun idea and let's hope it is something that sticks around for a while.
    That being said, don't be snails with the voting and feedback because it is not nice to slug it out.
    +1 from me.

chaseB2 likes this.
  3. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:18 AM
    What do you want stories about?

4. chaseB2

Local Time:
    Pretty well anything, provided it stays appropriate and follows the community guidelines. I have a wide range of genres I write about. I'd love to get some input from senior staff as to where the line needs to be drawn on what's acceptable beyond that of common sense as some of it, when it comes to writing, can be a grey area. My goal is to keep people entertained and interested while not taking things too far.

Punane likes this.
  5. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:18 AM
    Fifty-One Shades of Grey coming right up!

SanndyTheManndy, Punane and chaseB2 like this.
  6. Cynnimon

Cynnimon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:18 PM
    I think it sounds like a lot of fun to read your stories but to also interact with the mym community with little games and projects like this. Maybe to give it some form or to make it a fun game, an idea would be to have a writing prompt each Sunday and everyone has a week to enter. Then while the new prompt is going, people can vote for their favorites that were submitted the week prior. Can even have little leaderscoreboards and all that jazz

Punane and chaseB2 like this.
  7. chaseB2

Local Time:
    Oooo, I like the sound of that. I'll discuss it with Punane and see. Would be fun but can be hard to find good prompts sometimes. Thanks for the great suggestion! :)

Punane likes this.
  8. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:18 AM
    Sounds like a lame story. What about "Good SirWill Hunting" or "Sneks on a plane"?

9. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:18 AM
    where will this be held? because i have some short stories i would like to submit, also i love reading creative wring from everyone

Punane likes this.
  10. chaseB2

Local Time:
    I apologise for the delay. A lot came up over the last weekend that kept me preoccupied. Based on both the feedback, and the votes I got, I'm happy to announce I'll be moving forward with the the plan. I'm working up a title for the new thread as we speak where all the stories will be posted. It will be posted hopefully around 7 hours from the time of this comment being posted. For the time being, I will be posting my stories on a weekly basis. To answer your question @brandonlk , anyone who would like to post their own stories are free to do so. I'm going to be working with Punane on some more direct guidelines as to what is and isn't allowed. Naturally, it needs to stay within the confines of the community guidelines we already follow now. The guidelines we want to add will help clarify some of what is allowed to be posted so as we can keep this show going and not get it shut down. :D I'm super excited to start this and I can't wait to read stories from others. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away.

Anne_Marry and Punane like this.
  11. BanananaBread

BanananaBread The W̴̬̔̂i̴̝͇̇̚l̷͈̾̍l̷̨̋͠ǒ̴̫͝w̴̫̬̍͛

Local Time:
    10:18 PM
    :pWhen do I get to start typing walls of text?

12. chaseB2

Local Time:
    For those interested, if you haven't already seen it, the new thread with the stories can be found here.:)