1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Suggestion] Another New modpack in the "A Mym Original" series?

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by mrminesheeps, Nov 15, 2015.

1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    10:29 AM
    So, as i was doing random stuff in Ferret business, i thought of something. i thought it would be cool to make anew modpack based on a not too commonly used idea. essentially you are a survivor of a nuclear apocalypse, the world around you is in ruins with little life, and you have to find a way to live in this new world. the pack's central mods would include Ex Astris, (for some item attainability) a deal of tech mods, known and not too known, and a well put together questline/progression system. as i am one to have a twist to things, there should be some magic involved, impressing certain "higher-ups" such as a makeshift god of some sort, like if you have a good impression you can obtain certain items. this is nowhere near a fully formulated idea, but if i had some other people working on this, maybe it could become a thing? just a suggestion. tell me what you think.

And yes, I'm fully aware Caithleen is currently working on hypovolemia, but who said you could only run one original pack at a time?

2. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    5:29 PM
    Please change the title as it can cause confusion to a few members, thinking that this is actually a MyM supported pack (myself included).

3. ZzConradzZ

ZzConradzZ The Purple Cat

Local Time:
    12:29 PM
    There's nothing stopping you from making this on your own. It seems to me you were a little bit inspired by Fallout 4?

Lawmonark likes this.
  4. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:29 PM
    Sounds like Regrowth.

5. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I've made a modpack before, on technic, but i'm not too good with stabilizing some mods. i managed to fix a bit of conflict between some mods, but i don't entirely know to what effect. i need someone who's good with mod stabilization, like caithleen or someone.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  6. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    6:29 AM
    if you can get a general idea on the list of mods you want, send me the file full of the mods you want, ill pm you my mail when you need it, and ill stabalize those for you :D

7. Ralph_Anthony

Ralph_Anthony Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:29 PM
    One of the biggest problems with custom modpacks is getting new players to download it. Generally they do well with current player base then its difficult to get new players to get the new pack.

MyM is unique because of the number of players using the Mym launcher (it took me 6 months playing here to trust it). I would allow people to become MyM players, and then move to a custom pack.

8. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    i was thinking of making it available on the At Launcher, and implementing access to the server with the download, since we want players to join the server. since the At Launcher has a lot of players, we might be able to up our playerbase a deal.

9. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:29 PM
    If you make it availibly on the AT launcher then mym cannot host it on there launchers. Due to at's Private Policy.

10. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    not true. we host a pretty good deal of At's modpack's on our launcher.

11. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    which one?

12. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    the Mym launcher... lol

13. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    Any packs that the ATLauncher host, we don't have. Something happened a few months ago and we dropped majority to all packs hosted by AT

14. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    ATL does not allow servers with alternatives clients on their server list. Our listing was removed quite some time ago, at this time with the reasoning that they can't control weather we ship viruses or not. Later on with galactic science (were chetwynd worked on getting it on ATL) we learned indirectly that the reasons were different ones. Now out of respect and to avoid potential issues we removed the packs although we don't have the server listed on the their page, nor being asked to remove the packs from the launcher.

Chetwynd and ItsNora_ like this.
  15. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    maybe we could try FTB? or Technic? because FTB allows 3rd party packs, and Technic Doesn't have a care in the world pretty much as to where the pack comes from, from my experience.

16. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    the launcher is probably the least of work and issue.

17. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    ok, well Technic allows us to just create and launch a pack on their launcher, FTB would have us go through a process, but i think it'd be worth it, as they have a big playerbase.

18. alfiealfie

alfiealfie Taste the flames

Local Time:
    6:29 AM
    I know roughly the channels to go through to get on FTB, but generally you either have to REALLY impress them, or win a jampacked competition, i can see if i can get the mods compiled by then, and do some work on the qbook, and yes, we're actually doing this :p.

also it isnt like regrowth, were making it so you have to wear galacticraft space gear (everything else from GC is disabled and we'll use a custom recipe) and well make earth have no oxygen, and retexture the oxygen gear to look like HAZMAT gear, or air filters, and use mekanism for the oxygen supplies. Also tainted mobs, such as cows, skeletons, zombies, villagers etc. will be the standard mob, as this is supposedly some form of "magical" fallout that seems to be a close cousin to taint, but only seems to affect living creatures after breathing it over time, and does not affect the landscape. Thats the idea so far

19. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    yeah the idea's still under thought, be this is what we've got so far. and we still have tree's here, just few. the jungles will be tiny and small tree's, but earth will keep oxygen more than likely, because without it, technically we couldn't survive period :p

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  20. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Theres a pack out there already that starts you of with ahving to survive an place that has no oxygen. Its called The Aftermath on ATLauncher i believe