1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Possible Suggestion- Enigmatica 2 expert

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Papapayana, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Papapayana

Papapayana Member

Local Time:
    5:59 AM
    a suggestion as a temp fix to the constant time outs, disable server side auto save and use a plug in or mod that makes it only 2-3 times a week. would help with the constant time outs. that or change the timing for the autosaves from every 10minutes (feels like) to something more reasonable

Zxirl likes this.
  2. Jeffrey2365

Jeffrey2365 Member

Local Time:
    11:59 AM
    Overview - RandomPatches - Mods - Projects - Minecraft CurseForge

This mod fixes the issue but is required to be installed server-side(client side is not required). It would be nice if a higher staff member took a look at it.

Also, I do not understand at all how would the server function if saves were only 2-3 times a week..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  3. ContinuedAsh

ContinuedAsh Just a boring person.

Local Time:
    4:59 AM
    2-3 times a week would result in lots of lost progress if the server crashed. also it's explained why here.

4. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:59 AM
    It's not really the server's fault, what's happening is a mod is trying to save its data and is failing too which causes a time out, changing how often the server saves wouldn't fix the issue just make it less frequent.

5. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:59 AM
    Every time the server performs an auto-save, well the server is saved. Resulting in that if the server were to undergo an unexpected restart, crash for example, the server would revert to the previous autosave. Other saves are also made of the server, however, these are only made a few times a day. So let's say the server did not auto-save for 8 hours, then the server crashes right before a scheduled save happens, the server would be reverted 8 hours back in time. Not necessarily a situation a lot of people would want to find themselves in that situation. I understand why you are suggestion a change in the auto-save time as they do happen rather often on 1.10+ servers, but as implied by their experimental servers, the auto-saves are often times necessary.

6. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    3:59 AM
    Let me try to answer the concerns as best as I can.
    This isn't really a possibility. I am not really sure you understand what Auto-Saves actually do. Auto-Saves writes everything to actual files. This is an extreme "simplification" of what they do but should help anyone really understand. So for example, if the server crashes (a crash being an unexpected stop of the server) it will revert back to what was saved to the files. So if it was 4 days (for example) then you would lose 4 days of progress. Do note though this is an extreme example. The server saves everything on every graceful restart.

We already do this on all of our 1.12 servers. See this changelog: Info - Global Changelog | Page 18 | MineYourMind Community