1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thaumcraft aura nodes

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by TrashGothAoife, Jan 25, 2017.

1. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    1:39 PM
    Since people on direwolf20 server keep being fascinated by the nodes I have made I will give a run down on how to do it, and the biggest you need to make them.

First, bees bees bees. The bee breeding for node growing is well worth it. I don't want to go into detail about bee breeding but if your server has thaumcraft and bees, you want to get rejuvenating, empowering, and nexus bees. If you have gendustry, maximum territory is another trait that is worth while as it increase the range the apiary can be from the node.

rejuvenating bees are useful pre energizing as they will regen the vis if you charge your wand directly from it. only 1 of these is required.

nexus bee turns the node bright, so you gain a bonus to the centivis upon energizing it, and fixes any jarred nodes that turned into pale or faded. again you only need 1 of these.

empowering bees add vis to nodes of random types, so it will eventually add every aspect your game has, as well as building up the vis numbers. The more of these, the faster it works, and can work on multiple nodes at once.

I went a bit overboard and made many many empowering bees which managed to grow nodes to over 10k on each of the primal vis in about 3 or 4 days, using gold chunkloader most of the time.

Now to get an idea of how big your node will be after energizing, take the square root of your primal vis, and this is how much centi vis will be sent out after energizing. If the node is bright, it gets a bonus that is applied before the square rooting is done.

Now since I made and energized my node I learned that vis relays have a max transfer rate of 50 centivis per tick, so my energized node was a bit over 2x the size it needed to be. So the biggest you ever need to make a node to energize is 2500 on each primal vis.

PS: you can use the excess drones inside bee collectors jars and they will also apply the effect they have, but last a fraction of time a princess would. Just another way to use all the excess drones.

an example of the nodes you can make.
    [​IMG]

this one is an energized node
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    coolgi3000 likes this.
  2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    4:39 PM
    I've done better using super secret methods that give me thousands of vis very quickly ;)

3. TrashGothAoife

Local Time:
    There are def other ways, especially if other thaumcraft addons are available in the pack, but I think most servers here that have thaumcraft have bees as well. And bees are worth getting into for other things as well, so why not this as well.

4. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    I meant just using thaumcraft, using those pearls

5. TrashGothAoife

Local Time:
    Not many people have enough pearls to do that, not to mention that will wreck the place you do it, and you. :p

6. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    I can get infinite primordial pearls :p

7. golemofstone

golemofstone Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:39 PM
    Yeah i got a nice 50cv node with my bees too ;) annoyingly on infinity node5 i can't seem to find any elderich portals that haven't been cleared out though so no pearls for me :/
    Screenshot by Lightshot
    [​IMG]

8. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    But the pearls only add primal aspects so the node doesn't look as ridiculously overpowered at first glance as it would with hundreds of each aspect ;)

profrags likes this.