1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Thaumcraft Crimson Cult Questions

Discussion in 'Agrarian Skies 2' started by LLitaTroll, Dec 16, 2015.

1. LLitaTroll

LLitaTroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:06 AM
    (Thaumcraft Spoilers)

Is the server configured to prevent making imprinted crystals with crimson knights or clerics? The right kind of imprinted crystals are in NEI, but making them failed, leaving me stuck with no way to spawn more knights/clerics.

Are there any known bugs which prevent placement of portal-in-a-box (on an otherwise valid 7x7 grass area?) ?

I made 5 different portals-in-a-box. In the only one where I got any clerics/knights, I was ready with imprinting crystals and my diabolist fork for a wrath cage, to try to spawn knights or clerics to get the crimson rites book. Each time I killed a knight/cleric with the diabolist fork, it imprinted the crystal with a random mob type instead (creeper, angry zombie, etc.)

End result, no crimson books. Getting the eyes, making the portals, laying out a 7x7 grass spot, is incredibily time consuming and tedious. After you place it once, it won't let you re-place a new portal in the same area. We can't figure out what prevents the later placement, but it may have to do with biome changes? Not sure.

Seems like the book is required to open the vortex to some other place which will allow the last of the thaumcraft research? I'm stuck now, having gone through 28 eldritch eyes (5 portal infusions and 2 attempts to place eyes to open a vortex).

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    7:06 AM
    just keep the clerics there and have the knights spawn continuously, then you get the thing

3. LLitaTroll

LLitaTroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:06 AM
    Yeah, I actually knew that when I made my 5 portals, which is why I had setup the wrath cage, imprint crystal etc.

There doesn't seem to be a reliable way to keep them there. I never went close to the altar and they all freaked out, threw fireballs around, killed each other. It's pretty dumb.[DOUBLEPOST=1450269584,1450264922][/DOUBLEPOST]finally got it on altar #6. Still can't prevent aggro and self destruct of clerics, but got lucky.

4. ShadeVahKiin

ShadeVahKiin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:06 AM
    When I did it, I made 4 different crystals perfectly fine, also it just needs to be dirt, not grass.