1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Thaumcraft Eldritch Dimension (Overworld)

Discussion in 'Infinity' started by Wyvern__, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Wyvern__

Wyvern__ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:19 PM
    Alright, so recently I've crafted the Eldritch custom Portal item, placed it down in the Overworld and went inside. First time I died in the void, because of course fly was disabled and weirdly enough there was nothing here. A void. The second time I managed to get my gear back and make a small platform, but still; absolutely nothing. Is it normal that a portal in the overworld leads to nowhere? And as a side note, does it reset? (Might start building a little there if it doesn't) 2020-07-08_13.37.26. 2020-07-08_13.37.44.

2. ContinuedAsh

ContinuedAsh Just a boring person.

Local Time:
    5:19 PM
    Yes, it's an issue thats been around for as long as I've been here, and yes it resets weekly.

3. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hello Wyvern__,

Unfortunately the eldritch dimension doesn't actually work in multiplayer environments. This has been an issue for multiple years and the modpack author is aware, however infinity is a really old pack at this point, so this issue will most likely never be fixed. As Ash mentioned as well, the world might reset every week. There is an official list of which dimensions reset and which don't, but it seems to be slightly outdated. I wouldn't risk it, but for safety's sake I'm asking the rest of the staff team. Seeing as there is little we can do about this issue, I will go ahead and mark this thread as done. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate with replying.

Edit: I can confirm the world is on a weekly reset, so building there is not adviced.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    ContinuedAsh likes this.
  4. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    There's a workaround for this problem though. I used to play on infinity and i know exactly what Wyvern_ is talking about.

If you make the custom portal thingy, dont just randomly plop it down somewhere. Go to any overworld obelisk, even a broken or incomplete one and put it down there. That should put you into one of the many Eldritch mazes instead of just randomly in the sky.