1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Week on MYM #36

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ElectricLemonade, Feb 9, 2021.

1. ElectricLemonade

ElectricLemonade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:19 AM
    Hellooo everyone!

How has your past couple weeks been? Great I hope! Lots going on here in the MYM community. Let's check it out! Here's some threads to take a look at

GT:NH Update
    Vintage Story Reset and Update
    Builder Application
    Discord Icon

I know I owe you guys a weekly top voters AND a monthly top voters so here ya go! Looks like we have some fresh faces voting! Nice job everyone one! Your rewards have been given

Weekly Top Voters:
    1st Place: @_WickedHunter_
    2nd Place: @Papers
    3rd Place: @Drisan93
    4th Place: @Johnyyy
    5th Place: @iBlameYou

Monthly Top Voters:
    1st Place: @_WickedHunter_
    2nd Place: @Papers
    3rd Place: @XYofLight
    4th Place: @Kruzfarhen
    5th Place: @Drisan93

Our Management Team would like to remind everyone that we are always looking for new community members to join our staff team! Our staff family not only provides opportunity for members to meet and get to know many others around the world, but also the opportunity to move up the ranks within our staff team while gaining knowledge of the many inner workings of a minecraft network and server. Come on and join us!

Speaking of our Management Team, they have graciously offered to assist in my duties as Community Coordinator while I am the only one in the role for the time being. My focus on the Network currently needs to be in other areas behind the scenes working toward some improvements to our community. That being said, if you see one of our lovely Managers poke their heads into This Week on MYM, don't be surprised! And welcome them as warmly as you have welcomed me!

Admin Corner:

Global Changelog:

• Update SpongeForge
    Watchdog
    • Removed Staff Online and Staff Seen from public
    These two stats were intended to give staff members an overview of the staff activity. There being no good use for players, the staff online being used to see invisible staff and the staff seen stat being incorrectly interpreted, we decided to remove them.

• Update Sledgehammer
    • Update Foamfix
    • Update Randompatches
    Proxy 1.7.10+
    • Update BungeeTabListPlus & all corresponding bridges to all 1.7.10+ Minecraft servers
    • Tweak some configs in the Tablist
    (This should fix a bug that showed duplicate player listings in the tablist that happened from time to time. Please report any issues!)

• Tweak the /list to seperate staff from players like we do on our 1.7 Minecraft servers with the next server(s) restart
    • Cleaned up the /list output with the server(s) next restart
    Server Changelogs:

AG2:
    • Added Custom Recipes for Thaumic Tinkerer's Infused Seed variants that we have on Infinity
    GT:NH:
    • Updated to version 2.1.0.0
    • Disabled Warp Theory effects that were enabled in update.
    • Removed several quests relating to Chunk Loaders and Pollution
    SevTech:
    • Added signs to buy Shadow Gems (100 MyM per stack) and Corallium-Plagued Flesh (50 MyM per stack) to the spawn.
    • Downgraded Sponge version to fix an issue with MyM Kits plugin on this server.

That's a wrap folks. Let's another great week on MYM!

EL

2. InsaniumIV

InsaniumIV The Fourth

Local Time:
    10:19 AM
    2 weeks late lmao

sp33draft and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.
  3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:19 AM
    When i saw this week on mym my 1st thought was - wait the second... Didnt we have another lost episode?

4. p5k

p5k Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I know you guys don't like public criticism but this seems to me like you're trying to distract from the larger issue, which is that staff members are rarely on the servers. Maybe you should get them to actually be active instead of just hiding the numbers. You already deny applications based purely on a lack of playtime, so why don't you require staff members to at least spend some time on the network once they have the rank?
    [edit] And please don't take this the wrong way. I would just really like to see staff members being more active ingame. I'd even apply again if it didn't take so long to become a mod

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  5. LordEreh

Local Time:
    blah blah blah staff are volunteers so they spend their free time to help blah blah blah - you really dont read that so many times to realise you will always get the same answer to the question "Why there is no staff online?" IF theres no need for them to be online they wont be online - simple.

And you talk about larger issue - bruh... you just need to be active member of the community and have eyes open to see that, talk to former staff members and ohhhhh boi... Why do you think I dive into dark arts of magic or/and heresy?

6. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I just found very funny imho thing - look who liked this week's episode - only staff members!

I dont wanna speak that loudly but doesnt that point something?

p5k likes this.
  7. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    3:19 AM
    Depends on the server, but the more popular ones have staff online pretty constantly. I also don't see any particular reason for staff to be online on servers they don't enjoy playing on. I'm not talking about tickets or support issues, just general ontime. Think about it this way. If you were to apply as staff, would you want to have to leave skyfactory 3 open in the background 24/7 just to seem more active?

8. p5k

p5k Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    When I was a staff member I would regularly sit on servers (usually the server that I played on, but also others), while I did other things. Not to seem active, but to answer questions and help whenever I can. And I wasn't even that active of a staff member. I personally haven't seen a staff member ingame since I started playing again, and that's on infinity

[edit] Just for context, the average playtime of a Moderator in the last 30 days was a mere 37 hours. That's less than the required 48 hours to become a Moderator.
    (Each server (excluding hubs) has a Moderator on it for about 30 minutes per day (2.1%) on average)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  9. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Do note that the 48 hours required to become staff is the total playtime on the network, not a 30day minimum as it sounds like from your post.

The only "Minimum playtime" that i know of, is from the Moderator Application, which says:

My own playtime the past 2-3 months has not been great, and could really be improved a lot.

I personally go through up's and down's in regards to minecraft. I play extremely actively for a few months, then i fall into a slump for a few, especially if there's not any fresh pack that catches my interest.

As you can see from my playtime throughout the past 2 years, i change packs quite a lot, and when i get bored/finished with one, there's a bit of downtime in between them, especially as of late, as nothing new is catching my interest:

But even If I'm not super active in-game at the moment, I'm almost always available in Discord (Except for when i work or sleep), and available for any tickets that may require my help.

Maybe other staff members feel the same way, i don't know. I can only speak for myself.

10. p5k

p5k Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    My point is that MyM requires playtime to become a staff member, but not to keep the rank

11. LordEreh

Local Time:
    If keep ping the rank was require playtime... Not happen bc...
    And i end here bc not every1 like when some1 spread their secrets

Also i think this thread is not place for Such conversation i believe theres Staff talk thread or something...

This one
    https://mineyourmind.net/forum/forums/talk-to-the-staff.352/