1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This week on MYM #69

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by AoifeEnns, Sep 28, 2021.

1. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    4:04 PM
    [​IMG]

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to remind everyone that there is 1 more week left of the scavenger event. It ends this weekend, so if you want to get up to 3 special achievements, pop on over.

If you have an ideas for future events that you would like to see, let us know in the suggestion forum.

Weekly Top Voters:

Let's give a round of applause to our top voters for the week, your rewards have been sent off already.

[​IMG] = _WickedHunter_
    [​IMG] = LordEreh
    [​IMG] = Chen_NdG

If you would like to learn what the rewards are for being a top weekly, or monthly voter, you can check those out on our Wiki.

Management Team Announcements:

Our Management team would like to invite you to join our team. We are looking for people who are eager to help out and make MYM better. You can fill out an application here.

We are also looking for builders. Each new server gets a custom spawn and would like your help making them and potentially new event builds. You can fill out an application for that here.

Threads to Watch:

-possible token expansion thread
    -change the anti spam thread
    -A New Day A New Playtime Rank thread
    -Mekanism Quick Starter Kit thread
    - Our New Kits thread
    -The Firework Album thread
    -Vanilla 1.16 Warworlds! thread

Here are some threads that we would like your input on to make MYM more fun for users.
    -Discord icon suggestion thread
    -Past Discord Icons thread

Admin Corner:

Let's take a look at what the admin team has been busy with this week.

New servers
    Stoneblock 2

• stoneblock2.mineyourmind.net
    • Version: 1.21.1
    • Fixed RTP pressure plates in spawn not working for players.
    Divine Journey 2
    • divinejourney2.mym.li
    • Version 2.4.0
    Global

• Updated WorldDownloader to support GriefDefender
    • Fixed ChunkManager error with new Nucleus version
    Infinity
    Expert:

• Removed a bugged/laggy base in Last Millennium. Involved players can make a ticket or forum post if they want a World Download for their base in singleplayer.
    Galactic Science
    • Fixed multiple errors in kits and updated spreadsheet accordingly
    • Fixed questbooks not opening.
    Enigmatica 2 Expert
    • Restored questing data from a 24 hour backup.
    Revelation
    • Update to version 2.5.0 (Changelog)
    • Update Forge to 1.12.2-14.23.5.2855

Outro

And that's it for another week. Stay safe, have fun, and don't forget to love each other.

2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Not gonna mention that this will be the "haha funny" TWOMYM eh?

LordEreh and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.
  3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:04 AM
    As the former creator of the independent This Doge on MyM, i can say making such thread it at least 15 minutes of work - ofc Lirael have template and copy-paste the "Thread to watch" section, bc for more than 2 months there are THE VERY SAME THREADS THERE, I must tell copying and formating the Changelogs section is most time consuming.

Also about Thread to watch - do we really need it if it the same for more than 2 months? Cant it be transformed into new players info corner? With threads/links to most asked questions? Like automatic farmwolrd resets, no refund policy, chunkloading etc? Like I did in the 1st This Doge on MyM? Because it not change at all, some1 can think nothing changes inside the community. Its not so lively like in the past but still theres some new threads TO WATCH.

4. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    I figured someone was going to bring that up, but no, I didn't feel that was appropriate to do, so I didn't.

Yes, we use a template for these threads to make things uniform and easier on creation. The changelog section is definitely the longest part of it, but these threads don't need to take forever to make. As for the threads to watch, yes they have remained the same for a while because we would still like to see some more comments on those threads. When a new thread is made that we do want or need some comments on, I will add it to the list.

If you are wondering why any of the infinity threads aren't on the list, well, for reset, the admins have already responded with it being considered. It is out of our hands and in theirs with regards to that. For the increased restarts, that was due to the lag issue, but that isn't a solution and has since been solved. And the nerf, it Hanover had responded in discord about it, and Katie gave almost the same response.

Not every thread that gets created in the suggestion forum will get added to these posts. These are threads we specifically want to either have input on, or to make people aware of new, or fairly new changes done to the server. I probably should remove the firework event album, but I want to keep the new titles, and kits threads on there a little while longer. Plenty of returning players that may not know about them.

And with regards to thinking nothing changes, this is the nature of forums. There was a time when forums saw massive use, but it simply isn't that anymore. With the rise of discord, team speak and others, being able to get near-instant replies without having to write out a forum post is more useful for a lot of people, so we find them most interactions are done through Minecraft, then next most through discord. It is fewer and fewer that will actively use the forum, but if you have any suggestion on how we could boost the activity here, we are happy to hear it.

I hope this helps with some of the decisions I have made in these threads.

5. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:04 AM
    I have mixed feelings about your explanation:
    1. anti spam thingy was discussed so many times... and many of solutions are repeating like removing certains words like "yes" or "no"
    2. I never mentioned Infinity. Why you bring this up? Every1 can see staff was busy last 2 weeks just by looking @ Changelogs and since IE:E problematic base was removed that node problems was solved and about #ResetInfinity - I can wait for results since I play vanilla outside the MyM
    3. About input in some threads - If some1 was interested in topic , then probably responded already, some threads are 3 months old. Maybe as Community Coordinator make another thread about community opinion once again? Make a survey? If staff need more input ask for it?
    4. Ok, I agree about some threads are usefull for returning players but I still think another section for newcommers would be nice - theres many questions bout automatic farmworld resets or chunloading and mob spawning/cap.

6. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    I will think about adding a section to future posts that include some of the commonly asked for information.

LordEreh likes this.