1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Ticks in chunks?

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by Sp0nge, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Sp0nge

Sp0nge New Member

Local Time:
    7:46 AM
    After some time i noticed that some machines seems to sometimes go in some sort of "slowmode". Then i noticed that machines outside the chunk im currently in is real slow. Even the base I got granted when i started is divided into 2 chunks, leaving the compressor in one, and the collector in another.

Is this intentional serverside? I cant find any information about this. Really dont feel like relocating whats in my base all inside one chunk.

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Only the machines in the chunk you are in are working. This is to keep the server alive with the chunk leak, where the bases of players that are not online are loaded.

3. Sp0nge

Sp0nge New Member

Local Time:
    So ill have to redo my base basicly. Right now my treefarm isnt running unless im standing in that chunk, and if i do my sieves wont give me the materials i need. And when im going to collect oxygen for my tanks, that has also not been refilling.

I understand the idea behind this, but making automated systems is rather hard to do (especially when there is no information about it)

4. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What is a chunk leak?

Also if you use a chunk loader, Will this bypass the single chunk issue he is having?

I noticed on Regrowth i had to wait a long time for crops to grow and compost to finish when i was outside that chunk.
    In my opinion 3x3 chunks or 1 chunk in each direction would be optimal for players.
    Similar to what a chunk loader should load. Without this you will see the 1 chunk warriors, a player that builds from bedrock to skylimit... :smuggrin:

profrags and caithleen like this.
  5. 0hsaka

0hsaka Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:46 AM
    How quickly do the chunks despawn? Can I just touch my chunks every 5-10 min to keep them running?

6. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    1:46 AM
    oh those days, lol

7. Sp0nge

Sp0nge New Member

Local Time:
    It seems to be instant