1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Tier 1 - making rocket = too slow, grindy and AFKish

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by alven4, Aug 20, 2015.

1. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:44 AM
    The tier 2 rocket requires way too much material (170 steel, 132 aluminium, 78 copper...).

I think that this makes this part of modpack boring and AFKish.

Solution:
    1. Give players more resources from previsious quest.
    2. Decrease ingots needed for plates (from 2 to 1)
    3. Double output of creating heavy-duty plate tier 1.

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    8:44 PM
    What you do is you make an auto sieve or two and you use it, also automatically create gravel, then go around building random things to keep you interested while this happens and you'll get it eventually

3. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:44 AM
    Thats the default recipe for the rocket so it would take the same amount of materials on any other pack with the mod in just happens to be a different way of getting the materials needed in this pack

caithleen likes this.
  4. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What about giving 10 heavy-duty plates T1 from the refinery quest?

5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    70% of the players already reported that but this is up to @caithleen

6. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:44 PM
    I believe that it seems perfectly balanced because this isn't some pack where u go from wooden tinkers tools to draconic tools in 1 hour. I also think it being expensive pushes you towards better power generation, auto sieving, and auto gravel for sieving. After all that hard work you have extra resources that you didn't need for the rocket so you won't have as much trouble crafting other items.

7. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I balanced every tier (1-3, 5-6) to around 10h of gameplay since this is a pack thats also for servers. This is with medium designs. There are allready smart designs from players that cut the time needed by almost half. If you need more then 15h to reach T2 you should get some input (e.g. from the tipps and tricks thread).

Also, at least my experience is : The first hours are the best, having packs throw everything at you (i mean you b-team) just make it bland and you opt out of the feeling of achievment. On the other hand, i dont want to imbue gregourette making tiers last for 20+ hours.

If you want the easymode experience on this pack you can allready use the easy base on singleplayer or just cheat in some starting stuff.

For servers, even if each tier would take 10h, and a gameplayday is 4h, it would meand the pack is dead for the player after 25 days. Or, positivly thinking, it lasted 25 days ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1440619918,1440618004][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You are absolutly correct here since you can use that infrastructure on all later tiers.[DOUBLEPOST=1440705087][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Oh also you get 60+ copper from HQM :) (and can use the junkyard)

8. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:44 AM
    On our list to look into.[DOUBLEPOST=1440854012][/DOUBLEPOST]This has been taken into consideration and we have decided not to make any changes for now. Thank you for posting your suggestions.