1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valid Tiered donation system with global perks

Discussion in 'Monetization Suggestions' started by Sandstroem, Nov 4, 2017.

1. _sporefreak_

_sporefreak_ A REEEprogramer

Local Time:
    2:56 PM
    Actually no I just posted out of context.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:56 PM
    I like how my idea slowly gets derailed, lol.

Nevermind, I appreciate the suggestions here. :p

I think having multiple servers for every pack doesn't work, we can't suddenly have 3 Crash Landing servers to support that. Also copying around bases creates a lot of work.

When I was speaking about tiers, I wasn't necessarily speaking about the current 5 ones, but more about breaking it up into 10-20 or even more tiers, so that there is always the next incentive around the corner to donate.

3. bryan84

bryan84 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:56 PM
    {DELETED BY POSTER)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    Decnav likes this.
  4. _sporefreak_

_sporefreak_ A REEEprogramer

Local Time:
    2:56 PM
    This system would work great with new servers. Open 3 nodes at 3 different tiers. Donator 1, Donator 2-3 Donator 4-5
    Patrons get 1-2 day headstart on node 2-3, After that they open to donators. another 2-3 days later donator 1 server opens for free players and removes the OP perks.

5. bryan84

Local Time:
    {DELETED BY POSTER)

6. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace

Local Time:
    3:56 PM
    I agree With Bryan84 on this. I am willing to pay, but not willing to support freeloaders without additional perks they do not have access to. I need to feel value for spending my money.

Having a free server, and a server or two that you have to pay to access but contains all the perks of the current donor kits seems like the only way to avoid going to a completely pay to play model.

I would be willing to pay to access a server that had my current donor level perks for all who pay to access it.

bryan84 likes this.
  7. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I didn't want to but I would like to comment more on the idea of "good vs evil nature of humanity" that bryan84 started.
    Of course I am not naive and know that there are lot of idiots out there in the world, but then again we are not in those mentioned countries.
    Not everyone is evil and if I am not evil, then there most be others out there.

And even selfish human nature gets supported by my suggestion. What's more selfish than to show around your money by donating 20 Euro per months if you contribute to the next tier? Right now patreons don't get much recognition except for that yellow little thingy around their name. (Yes, I got one too :D)

Selfishness and the idea to help society doesn't necessarily contradict. While we are talking about Microsoft here, look at Bill Gates. Best example. Has a ton of money and probably went through a couple of corpses to get there, but now he is dumping it into one charity after another. You can't tell me that his only incentive is tax returns. And even if, who cares.

My suggestion basically introduces more level to the current patreon setup. It allows players to even donate more on a regular basis, but also gives the "poorer" players a way to contribute monthly to the goal, by maybe just donating 1 Euro. The whole thing is a bit like a game, see it as one of those donation marathons on TV, but the money doesn't go to starving kids in Africa, but you get stuff back too.

Speaking of starving kids in Africa, a spontaneus idea that I just had was to introduce a percentage of the monthly donation earnings that could be contributed to a good cause.

At the end it is all a big math game, how much do we need, what tier does bring that in and can we take some of the money and put it into a good cause. I am sure there is some charity already for young students, that are suffering from LoL addiction, and if not, I am sure @Werwolfi_de can start one. :D

bryan84 likes this.
  8. bryan84

Local Time:
    {DELETED BY POSTER)

9. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I do actually agree with this statement in a way, that I think thinking of yourself first is the healthiest way to go about things. The only person that is really interested in fixing your problems is yourself, and only once you have fixed them you can spent your time on fixing others' problems.

I am deeply into the personal development/self-help community, (and yes there is a lot of BS and scamming in that scene). I met a lot of people in the last years, that were at a low point in their life once, and are now earning a ton of money by helping others whether it is in topics like productivity, income, health, relationship or others. This is a perfect combination of selfish thinking combined with contributing.

If I was into religion, which I am not, I would quote "God helps those who help themselves", which goes into a similar idea.

I know there are ruthless people out there, who buy companies for shits and giggles and sell them for a profit destroying countless lives. But at the end of the day I don't think those people are spending their time stacking blocks on MineYourMind. so I am not that worried.

But yeah, I am way offtopic now myself.

Hey selfish thinking incoming. If this was a competition, I would have already won it. Whatever keeps my topic on top, right? :D

bryan84 likes this.
  10. bryan84

Local Time:
    {DELETED BY POSTER)

Decnav likes this.
  11. miker5231

miker5231 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It seems that there are two entirely different ideas in this one thread and I do not have the brainpower to keep up so I would like to state that if you have an idea that is similar to the initial one then please post it in it's own thread to keep things clear as well as link to the original idea so the individual can decide which one is their prefered course of action

Edit: sorry for run-on sentence

bryan84 likes this.
  12. bryan84

Local Time:
    {DELETED BY POSTER)

Decnav likes this.
  13. miker5231

miker5231 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    yea like I said I I don't have the brainpower to follow along my mind is fried today so don't mind me. I'm just going to get off the forums for now

14. bryan84

Local Time:
    {DELETED BY POSTER)

15. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Funny, I got like 6-ish alerts since my last post that you quoted me :D

I think moving posts around to different threads makes stuff more complicated. My suggestion is to open a new thread or use one that already fits your suggestion and reintroduce your idea there. As you already have as it seems.

Right now this forum is a big mess of improved and derailed ideas, but that it is not a bad thing. It shows us that people care and at the end of the commenting and voting process we will have to go through here and extract the good ideas and condense them into great ones. :D

16. bryan84

Local Time:
    {DELETED BY POSTER)

17. deepcage

deepcage FEAR THE PINK PANTHAR!

Local Time:
    I like this idea, but... what happens to all the players who donated previously for them tiers? i feel like we top donators are being screwed over... what happens to our sizable donations? We get a shiny title for the money we allready donated? something totally useless for 50 or 80 euro's... i cant really appreciate the idea of that we have to donate to globally unlock stuff we allready paid for.

bryan84 likes this.
  18. bryan84

Local Time:
    {DELETED BY POSTER)

19. deepcage

deepcage FEAR THE PINK PANTHAR!

Local Time:
    Do you have a link to them forums? would make things loads easier :)

20. bigbluu722

bigbluu722 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I'm assuming this still applies to ranks and all perks as long as they're restricted to the tiered servers only, or on tiered, which is strictly donors, and normal servers if they're able to somehow otherwise be obtained.
    -V