1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valid Tiered Servers

Discussion in 'Monetization Suggestions' started by BookerTheGeek, Nov 4, 2017.

1. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:31 PM
    Suggestion Title:
    Tiered Servers
    Short Description:
    Specific packs require paid status
    Long Description:
    So my simple idea is a tiered Patron setup.
    • Tier One; $10 monthly
      • Has access to Patron Level One Servers
    • Tier Two; $20 monthly
      • Has access to Patron Level Two Servers
    Patron Level Servers? Two nodes, one free and one paid.
    • Free Node;
      • 4 Month reset
      • Strict Rules
      • Leient Punishments
      • No Farm worlds
      • Any items that dupe, crash server or bypass protections are banned
      • Vote only chunk loading
    • Paid Node;
      • Resets as needed, minimum 12 months
      • Lenient rules
      • Extreme Punishments
      • Farm world
      • Only items that always crash the server are banned.
      • Mod based chunkloading?
    So if the pack is more than X amount of mods, or is a server resource heavy pack (Kappa for instance) it would be a tier 2 patron server, and a free server

Some packs, such as Crash landing would be a tier one patron server.

You could also have a tier 3 patron ($30 a month?) that would have access to Forge only servers (All The Mods 3 for minecraft 1.12.2). This tier would also have a playtime requirement, so you would not only have to be tier three patron, you also would have to be an immortal in game. The reason for this would be that it is a test bed for our server side mods or is running in forge only mode.
    • 'Crash Landing' server
      • Crash Landing ~Free
      • Crash Landing ~Patron Level 1
    • 'Infinity' Server
      • Infinity ~Free
      • Infinity ~Patron Level 2
    • 'All The Mods 3' Server (1.12.2)
      • All The Mods 3 ~Patron Level 3

With Harsh Rules on the free servers we discourage players from misbehaving. But we are a bit lenient as we do not want to kick everybody from the servers (i'm looking at you B-Team). The question comes in for the Paid servers right? Rules being more lenient as in regards to what is banned or not. No reason to ban something that dupes when used in one specific way as the players on this server should be mature enough not to dupe. The other side of the coin being if you do dupe, your done for good. Temp ban, base gone, inventory reset and all that jazz.

This causes a multitude of things to happen. The main one being that as player move from the free servers to the patron servers, they already should have a healthy respect for the network, and as they are paying for this privilege, should be better able to follow the rules. The Harsher punishments are a deterrent to not waste money.

~Edit: Added clarification from other posts.​

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Administrator

Local Time:
    4:31 PM
    I do like this idea. However, why the 4 month reset? That to save disk space I presume? And no Farmworld? Probably same reason.
    What about if a Patron member asks for the server, we put it up and others would be able to join. I am thinking more of not putting up server that do not do anything.

3. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    The 4 month reset is to encourage players to donate to get a longer lasting world.

While server hosting is something to look into (I can imagine if 10 or so patron players all requested a server be put up, that it could be considered much more strongly than one not requested), but this suggestion is more along the lines of;
    • 'Crash Landing' server
      • Crash Landing ~Free
      • Crash Landing ~Patron Level 1
    • 'All The Mods 3' Server (1.12.2)
      • All The Mods 3 ~Patron Level 3
    • 'Infinity' Server
      • Infinity ~Free
      • Infinity ~Patron Level 2
    Basically, we run a free server, slot limited to 20, to to give people a taste of playing on MyM. Then when they want to stay they become a patron and play on the longer lived server. Servers that have to run on Forge (Due to Sponge not being out yet for that particular minecraft version) would not have a free option.

How this would work with skyblocks is something else. Maybe have a 6 month reset, along with the ability to have your island moved to the Patron Server from a free server (But not the other way) when you become a patron.

I assume if a bunch of Patron players requested the same pack, that MyM would consider hosting it, as that is usually how subscription based services keep the people who pay for subscriptions.

4. Pseudonycat

Pseudonycat Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:31 PM
    Interesting concept, but having servers with less strict rules just because you paid seems fishy, maybe needs a little tweaking, and along with allowing items that bypass protections on paid servers is ehh... Apart from that seems nice.

5. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    11:31 PM
    I guess the idea is that people on these servers have already sunk time and money into accessing them, so are less likely to transgress on what rules remain.

6. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    @The_Icy_One That is true, but there is more to it.
    @Pseudonycat Let me explain.

So what we have here is a very simple.
    1) Harsh rules and lenient punishments
    2) Lenient rules and harsh punishments

Why you ask? Easy. With Harsh Rules on the free servers we discourage players from misbehaving. Lenient as we do not want to kick everybody from the servers (i'm looking at you B-Team). The question comes in for the Paid servers right? Rules being more lenient as in regards to what is banned or not. No reason to ban something that dupes when used in one specific way as the players on this server should be mature enough not to dupe. The other side of the coin being if you do dupe, your done for good. Temp ban, base gone, inventory reset and all that jazz.

This causes a multitude of things to happen. The main on e being that as player move from the free servers to the patron servers, they already should have a healthy respect for the network, and as they are paying for this privilege, should be better able to follow the rules. The Harsher punishments are a deterrent to not waste money.

The_Icy_One likes this.