1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Too many Auto-Saves!?

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Qintsal, May 17, 2015.

?

Should there be less Auto-Saves?

1. No!

50.0%
  2. Yes, every 10Mins pls!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, every 20mins pls!

20.0%
  4. Who needs Saves? Every 30mins is enough!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Every Potato minutes.

30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qintsal

Qintsal Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:49 AM
    Hi,
    first of all u have a very good server and the mods are always friendly! :) Keep up the good work.

But i think there are way too many Auto-Saves. I have massive lags when it auto-saves or when monsters are removed. Removing monsters doesnt happen that much but auto-save does way to much. Less auto-saves would be great! Of course it would be annyoing if u played for 30mins or so and a bug makes ur work undone but how often will that happen? I guess not very often. I would happily take the risk for less lag due to auto-save. :) Maybe u could consider a longer intervall between auto-saves. Even double the time would half the lag ;)
    Greetings from Germany,
    Qintsal aka Michael

2. BladeRavinger

BladeRavinger New Member

Local Time:
    6:49 AM
    Hello sir,

Thank you for bringing you issues to our attention.

The auto-save feature is a fail-safe used to ensure that the server and your ingame property is protected from a crash.
    if ever the server needs to be rolled back, the longer the difference between these saves the more play time is at risk of being lost.

I would advise you to post a poll right here, and inform your fellow players,
    as we are a player driven network, if many people find the auto-save a nuisance, it is likely to be changed

_Cilo_ and chugga_fan like this.
  3. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    2:49 AM
    the lag isn't being caused by the auto save, as it's so fast that it doesn't matter, and do you perfer the server crash and you lose 90% of the stuff you've made in the past 10 minutes or the server crash and you lose only 5 cheap items?

AdrianVaughan likes this.
  4. JamesHowell

JamesHowell Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:49 AM
    I think that when the server crashes us commonly doesn't use the save, I have experienced on crash landing the server was stuck in a crash loop and it just kept getting rolled back more and more.

5. Qintsal

Local Time:
    i wouldnt mind losing my stuff i did in 10minutes....but if the lag isnt caused by auto save, what else could it be? i always have massive lag when the auto save message is shown. i rarely have any lag only if the auto save message is shown....i did assume it is because of that?! strange.... and annyoing :(

@bladeravingerm thanks but i guess i better do some more research first...would be pointless if it really isnt the auto save... :)

edit says: just ask at the server an other players have the problem too...ill add a poll if i can find out how :D

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    A major lag spike of 2-10 seconds isn't unusual for such heavy modpacks. Unfortunately crashes either. So I guess it is a question of balance - on which it would be good to get a lot of opinions from our active players.

BladeRavinger and chugga_fan like this.
  7. Qintsal

Local Time:
    Ok, so im not just a moron as the server did confirm :D Added poll to the thread and i think 20mins should be fine...im not that afraid of crashes. Played alot heavy modded minecraft and never saw a crash....only once everything got deleded because the admins corupted the server that badly there was no other choice.... :S

Lets see what the rest thinks....

8. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:49 PM
    Added Potato option. Never forget the Potatoes.
    [​IMG]

BladeRavinger likes this.
  9. Qintsal

Local Time:
    Since most of the players at the Infinity server seem to doesnt care and that few that does are against it this thread can be closed...thanks anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.