1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/tpahere command access [global]

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by chaosblad3, Aug 3, 2016.

1. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    10:31 AM
    Could players please get perms for the /tpahere command?
    Basically the reverse of /tpa, it sends a request to another player and then if they do /tpaccept it teleports them to you instead of you to them, pretty handy if you want someone to come and take a look at something instead of having to message them and ask them to send a /tpa to you ;)

Possibly restrict it to a donor tier if you don't want to risk letting random players spam people with tpahere requests to troll, but I think donors can be trusted with it surely?!

2. LucidTheStick

LucidTheStick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:31 AM
    It should already be. Is it not working somewhere?

3. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    not working for me on the new bevo.

4. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    it never worked?

5. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    See, that's what I thought too, obviously I was able to use it before while I was staff, but I didn't think players had access to it before.

6. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    Yhea, that was the one command we couldn't use and I had literally NO idea

7. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:31 AM
    This was discussed heavily over a year ago: Opinions Needed - /tpahere permission request | MineYourMind Community

Most notable quote:

8. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Yeah I already kinda figured it might be disabled because of the potential for abuse but that's why I suggested it as a donor only command, since they have more incentive not to troll and risk getting their account banned and donor privileges forfeited.

9. Pein_Rikudo

Pein_Rikudo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sadly it would still be abused by some donors

10. TheVampiricT

TheVampiricT Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So yes, there was the whole discussion back then, and some donors would abuse it, BUT I believe there can be a way it could be implemented..
    -removed by staff- If you guys are willing, you could make it to where you have to be a /cofh friend or somehow have like a trust list for people, where both sides have to trust eachother and know that the other would not do it. Or you can always apply for the permission, like a rank?

Honestly, I get where they come from when they say it can be abused as that has happened to me multiple times over the years of minecraft, but you can also kill when someone does /tpa <player>. You don't always know who you can trust..

You could always apply for it, like you can sign up for a list once you get Drac Amour? As that protects you from most everything.. Or you have to have a certain amount of hours on the server and 'sign' (not exactly signing) a waiver? :p Accepting the risk?

Honestly to me, this post is a bunch of words, but if you get what I am getting at about only certain people can get it one way or another.. and only some people can even receive them...

Take this into consideration -
    Thomas (TheVampiricT) Warlock, Retired BeeHappy Member, Competitive Builder, Infinity Node 6 Player

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
  11. Mouro

Mouro Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  12. TheVampiricT

TheVampiricT Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Oh, I didn't realise about that... I was just seeing if I could get someone on it, not to cause any trouble. >,<