1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Tps/lagspikes DDSS

Discussion in 'DDSS' started by furiousfrisian, Jul 29, 2020.

1. furiousfrisian

furiousfrisian Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:59 AM
    I started playing this modpack a couple of days ago, been enjoying mym a long time now. I can't figure out how to post a ticket (probably me being an idiot XD) so this is how I contact you guys.

The issue i'm experiencing is the tps on the ddss server being somewhere between 8 and 17. As you can imagine this is not improving the playing experience. As it results in massive lag spikes.

Maybe someone can check out what is causing this problem?
    Thanks in advance ;)

Furiousfrisian

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Seems to be fine right now. How many players were online at that time?

3. shifty3000

shifty3000 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:59 AM
    It's been going on for a while But there seems to be only a few of us reporting it.

I don't understand why Rhedoy is getting special treatment, if it was my base you guys would have nuked it by now.
    Don't tell me it's a glitched wolf >.< when standing in Rheydoys base makes the TPS sky rocket back to 20.

As you can see I'm a little frustrated that I spent so much time here building my base to now not being able to do anything at all and hell I like a good moan.
    People have left over it and as a business I can't see that being a good thing for the server can you?

From what I can gather from various staff members that have taken a look so far his base is loading its self but only one chunk so everything that would normally get imported or output from that chunk is having a hard time finding exactly what it is is supposed to be outputting too. My best guess is a crafting card from AE2 is in an unloaded chunk and the ME is loaded trying to send to it.

If after all this it's my base 1) That's funny as hell 2)NUKE! it, I download it after every session any way and right now it's unplayable.

4. furiousfrisian

Local Time:
    back then it was only 2, later 3 players online. My base is still starter base, nothing that could cause it. And I know how to make a minimal lag creating base by now. When you reacted with 'Seems fine now' the server had restarted on an unscheduled moment, so someone restarted it and that fixed the problem temporarely.

The problem is back today. Now I'm not on the server but my mate Tzumernator is and one more player.
    the TPS today is somewhere around 4. that is even more unplayable. So if a mod reads this, pls another restart and some research into what causes problem.
    [doublepost=1596480211][/doublepost]The reason for the problem can be many things like something creating loads of entities. Or the ME system from AE2. It can be a massive building made from tinkers construct seared stone. After a blockupdate the server will scan every block of the possible multiblock structure for a smeltery controler.
    It also can be something like the environmetal techt multiblock ore lasers. Or other multiblock structures build on top of/or against a Chunk border. That can cause problems.

5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Some chunk reloads which caused lag spikes were resolved with this: Dungeons, Dragons and Space Shuttles | Page 2 | MineYourMind Community

There seems to be still something causing it, I will look into that.

The low TPS today were caused by something causing a memory leak.

He is not getting any special treatment, we don't just nuke someone's base if they are not overstating. We always try to find the source and either try to resolve it or remove that part.

shifty3000 likes this.
  6. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    For some reason the config option which enabled the fix disabled itself. I enabled it again and added another chunk load deny for a mod.

Please let me know if there are still lag spikes.

LunaBlossoms and shifty3000 like this.
  7. furiousfrisian

Local Time:
    Thank you for all the effort, makes people believe in you guys. Will let you know if somethings up again.

shifty3000 likes this.
  8. shifty3000

shifty3000 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:59 AM
    @SirWill Absolutely, thank you!.
    Got more done yesterday than I was able to get done all week :)
    Sorry for being snappy I had a crocodile sandwich....>.<

9. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    4:59 PM
    Since DDSS seems relatively stable now, and everyone seems happy, I'll mark this as Done.

10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Glad to hear, let us know if it starts again.